PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nelly48237 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237
ppc can't see storage card

I've tried to search this issue, but none of the ones i've found matches my problem. The problem i'm having is actually two problems. 1) my storage card folder is missing on my ppc when storage card in inserted. 2) when storage card is inserted [and still not being seen by the ppc] into ppc; after several minutes, the ppc starts running slow and then freezes. i then have to do a soft re-set to get it to working again. however, if i do a soft re-set with the storage card inserted into the ppc, the ppc freezes intantly. But the the flip side of that: if i do a soft re-set without the storage card insertedinto the ppc, the ppc works perfectly fine. im using AKU 2.2 download form here and i have had it since it has come out without any problems until now. i've done a hard reset, and the storage card folder was there, and the ppc saw my storage card. but after a day of using the ppc, it stopped seeing the storage card and the storage card folder was no longer in the ppc. both time it stopped seeing the storage card was after a set re-set. and i believe the problem was originally caused by me have to software programs running on the main screen during a start up with one of them being stored on the storage card. the two programs were spbmobileshell and resco explorer. spb was intalled on the main ppc, and resco was intalled on the storage card, with the plug ins on the main screen. i need to figure out how to get the storage folder back on the ppc without me having to do a hard reset. i've tried just making a new folder and naming it storage folder, but it doesn't work. also when i do it, it doesn't have the small icon on the storage folder indicating that it is a storage folder. i've tested the storage card on other ppc and it works fine, so i know its not the card. ive also tried other storage card in my ppc, and it didn't see those cards either. if anyone have any suggestions, please let me know
Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior
This is one of the problems with some of the older AKU's. The newest AKU kitchen have solved most of these problems with the storage card not being recognized. Here is a link to the lastest kitchen thread. I would recommend reading the thread. This kitchen has the newest drivers from the official bell 3.3 rom along with Helmi's newest core components. It has been very stable on my 6700 and I haven't had any problems with my storage card since I upgraded to it.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/helmi-offici...-07-t6719.html

I hope this helps.

Jay
Old 08-15-2007, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

nelly48237 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237
sorry for not getting back to you sooner, i'm an electrician at the plant and have been working some long hours. but back to the issue. what you said was exactly what the problem was, and thanks for assisting me to fix it. I stayed up late and down loaded and installed the new kitchen from the link you've posted, and the phone is working great. I do have an issue with my text messaging though. the first word in the body of the messages appears in the senders line where the senders name or number should be. it does this with both people in my contacts and with people not in my contact list. so i'll definatley need some more help to fix that small problem. I really do want to thank you and the person that created my new upgrade. oh yeah, before I fixed the phone, I took it to sprint to get a replacement phone and they ordered me one. its probably a refurbished one, bthe the one I have color is starting to wear off, plus I figure that a refurbish phone is just one more closer to them having to give me a brand new one or even possibly a 6800. either way, I could use a newer one than the one I got. so look for me to be on here again in a couple of days updating you with what kind of phone they gave me. and, I will whipe this one clean before I take it in to swich it out with the new exchanged one

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache