PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHogie View Post
I've installed the 1.0.4 kitchen on my Cellular South Apache phone. The only app I added to the kitchen was the Threaded SMS app. The kitchen runs fine, the phone is a LOT faster -- it's basically a brand spanking new phone However, I've run into a single problem:

At times I will be in an app (or every now and then just on the Today screen), and when I hit the Start menu, the Start icon/word in the upper left will light up like it's been chosen, but then the entire phone freezes for about 70 seconds -- long enough for the backlight (set to turn off after 1 minute) to turn off. After that 70 second pause, every keypress I've hit to try and get life into it fires off in rapid succession. I haven't been able to get it to happen the same way twice.

Are there any known apps that might cause this problem?
Did you add any apps after flashing? apps added after flashing can also cause problems. I occasionally get a pause when clicking the start button, but only a few seconds - nothing like what you describe.
[QUOTE=DrHogie;82291]Also, can I get BuildOS to spit out a .cfg file of all the files I chose to install, so I can list them here?[\QUOTE]
No, not yet.

Last edited by gguruusa; 09-08-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:45 AM
Lurker

chetan001 is a n00b
SMS data line is incorrect in AKU 3.5

First few characters of the SMS is appearing in the FROM line hence not able to See from where the SMS has come .l I have used Reliance customised AKU 3.5. Please help in resolving the issue
Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan001 View Post
First few characters of the SMS is appearing in the FROM line hence not able to See from where the SMS has come .l I have used Reliance customised AKU 3.5. Please help in resolving the issue
Most issues similar to this are caused by failing to prevent the carrier customizations from running. Please either reboot during the first startup after flash to avoid running them, or clear your EXTROM so they aren't around to run.

Last edited by Kolano; 09-10-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Lurker

DrHogie is a n00b
[QUOTE=gguruusa;84512]Did you add any apps after flashing? apps added after flashing can also cause problems. I occasionally get a pause when clicking the start button, but only a few seconds - nothing like what you describe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHogie View Post
Also, can I get BuildOS to spit out a .cfg file of all the files I chose to install, so I can list them here?[\QUOTE]
No, not yet.
I have added some apps after flashing -- didn't realize that could cause a problem. I'll try reflashing from scratch and seeing if I can get it to freeze again. However, *knocks on wood* it's been getting better about it.

Thanks for the info
Old 09-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: AllTel/Verizon

markjjordan is a n00b
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue with the AKU 3.5 ROM (Helmi 1.0.4)...

I am unable to reassign the record button on the side of my PPC-6700 to do something when pressed once.

I setup the record button to run the calculator when pressed once, and run Solitaire when pressed and held. However, Solitaire will run when pressed once, and and Solitaire will run when pressed and held. No matter what I set for the "press once" setting it is ignored.

Before I upgraded to this AKU, I was using the standard AKU from AllTel, and I was able to reassign the record button with no problem.

Just wondering if anyone else sees this so I can determine if maybe something I installed after the flash is affecting this.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
[QUOTE=DrHogie;86017]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Did you add any apps after flashing? apps added after flashing can also cause problems. I occasionally get a pause when clicking the start button, but only a few seconds - nothing like what you describe.

I have added some apps after flashing -- didn't realize that could cause a problem. I'll try reflashing from scratch and seeing if I can get it to freeze again. However, *knocks on wood* it's been getting better about it.

Thanks for the info
You could try clearing mem first...
Old 09-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

snugglebug is a n00b
Unhappy Wmodem not working

I cannot get wmodem to work with this ROM. I installed it today hoping to fix the issue that started in version 1.0.3. I was able to connect with Internet Sharing but cannot use that with my office VPN.

I can install the modem and even query it with no issues but when I use the sprint dialer I get "Remote Access Error 797".
Old 09-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800

zoomie is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjjordan View Post
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue with the AKU 3.5 ROM (Helmi 1.0.4)...

I am unable to reassign the record button on the side of my PPC-6700 to do something when pressed once.

I setup the record button to run the calculator when pressed once, and run Solitaire when pressed and held. However, Solitaire will run when pressed once, and and Solitaire will run when pressed and held. No matter what I set for the "press once" setting it is ignored.

Before I upgraded to this AKU, I was using the standard AKU from AllTel, and I was able to reassign the record button with no problem.

Just wondering if anyone else sees this so I can determine if maybe something I installed after the flash is affecting this.
To fix his problem, you must add a key in the registry:

ADD-
HKLM/Software/OEM/VoiceCommand
New String Value:
"Path" no data

Soft Reset

It works, I cannot take credit, fix has been around for long time.

Last edited by zoomie; 09-12-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint 6700

anthonyeckersall is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to anthonyeckersall Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyeckersall
Bluetooth Failure with 1.0.0.4 Kitchen Release

Hi there i am using the lastest kitchen release from the site, and everyone keeps talking about how great the bluetooth is, yet on my device PPC6700 (Sprint) I can not get the bluetooth to even turn on and stay on, it fails within seconds or just never turns on to start with, and its imposible to pair it with anything, even if you d somehow manage to keep it running for a few minutes.

I was beginning to get concerned that perhaps i'd dropped the phone and broken it, so I back dated it to an earlier kitchen release 1.0.0.1 and the BT is working just great. turns on wen told, stays on and pairs with anything. Then I upgrade to the new kitchen with no added BT utills installed tohelp eliminate any issues and its broken again. Same issues wil not urn on, will not stay on, will not connect, etc

Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know where I could look. I love this new ROM, Thank you EVERYONE for a GREAT product. I would really ove to be able to use my handsfree kit with it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreicated.

Thank you

Anthony
310 704 7215
Old 09-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Deep Thinker

Try building a stock 1.04 rom - leave the defaults as is, except for your carrier selection. Load that and see if your bluetooth works. If it does, then your problem lies in an incompatibility w/ whatever additional stuff you've installed. Also, be sure not to let carrier customizations run if you haven't purged your ext_rom yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache