PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Helmi Official AKU 3.5 Kitchen 1.0.3 Bugs / Patches

Here's a bug collection thread for Helmi Official AKU 3.5 Kitchen, Release 1.0.3. I'm going to try to gather bugs into this first message, so folks don't need to poke all over to find them.

If you have bug please let us know...
Please be specific.
Please provide steps to reproduce.

==================
=== Resolved Bugs ===
==================

TripYzee can't be reconfigured
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
A free Yahtzee Game. In order to get the dice to skin properly I had to build in a config file (called opt). However, because this file is now baked in (and therefore read-only), if you try to make any changes from the app itself it will barf. Fortunately there's really not much to change. If you want to change the player names, etc.
This should be addressed by renaming the file and creating original file via initflashfiles.txt which will make a writable copy. A similar action is done for SPB Pocket Plus's config.

The initflashfiles.txt addition below, along with renaming the opt file resolves this.
Code:
Directory("\Windows\"):-File("opt", "\Windows\opt-rom")
Patch now available.

Time resets on soft reset / SD card inaccessible
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama
The only issue I am having is when I restart my device, it resets the date and time to February of '06 and the time to midnight. Jager is having the same problem as well as he mentioned it may have something to do with the HTC home 6 tab plugin OEM (didn't have issue with the cab install and copying the 4 files on 1.0.2 rom.) I am able to sync the time back up through the network, but have to do it manually everytime I reboot the device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing
Also this is the first time in a long time my SD card will not read. Not issue with card works fine in my other 6700 thats still on 1.0.2.
Quote:
OK guys I'm not sure what's with this time issue. I just noticed it myself, however, my time immediately syncs to Sprint after booting so it's one of those "blink and you miss it" things. At this point I have no idea what's causing it but will look into it. My first suspicion is the core. I will try reverting that and see what happens.

@ nemanracing - What kind of SD card? I've tried 2-3 over the course of building ROMs from this kitchen and had no issues reading any of them. Please try another card (or pop it in a card reader on your PC and format it) and see if your issues are resolved with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing
ut the same sd card works just fine in my 2nd 6700 with the 1.0.2? So it is not an issue with the card... It's a Adata 2GB, I also have a 2GB Sandisk that does the same. Again they worked before and still work in my 2nd 6700... Not a big deal, I used the nk.fat from the 1.0.2 and this seems to have fixed the time sync and sd issues for now.
Using the "\ROM\nk.fat" from 1.0.2 should help with this.

Weatherpanel DSM not updated
Quote:
Originally Posted by namopereht
I could just be goofy, but it seems to me the dsm was not rebuilt in weatherpanel after the wp-pilot stuff was thrown in.
Quote:
Right you are. I forgot to rebuild the dsm in the WeatherPanel OEM. WIll be fixed next kitchen (which seems like it will probably come out very soon)
In the mean time, one can rebuild the DSM oneself using the "BuildDsm.exe" tool.

WMP plugin and HTC home 6tab can't be used at once
Quote:
note needs to be added to uncheck WMP plugin if you are using the HTC home 6tab, as both use the wmptodayplugin.dll.
Do not select both these options at once to avoid build error.

ArcSoft MMS interferes with programs launched by the HTC Home Today Item
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik
On the HTC Home Plugin, there doesn't seem to be any way to configure the three icons underneath the time. No matter what I do, clicking the left one opens MMS, clicking the middle one opens Text Messages, and the right one opens missed calls. I would rather it be Email, Voicemail, and Missed Calls.
Quote:
As for my earlier question about HTC Home, is it possible that Arcsoft MMS might be interfering with the button mappings? I may try a ROM that doesn't include Arcsoft and see what happens since I don't really use MMS.
Quote:
Interestingly enough, the buttons work as they should with ArcSoft MMS removed. I'm not sure why that is unless the HTC Home application is coded to use the first message source listed alphabetically (i.e. MMS comes before Outlook)?
Quote:
colonel has fixed the HTC Home app to default the e-mail button to the last account used. There's really no way to customize those apps that is feasible for the end user. Making changes requires hex editing the dll.
Updated SPB OEMs
biglcny has posted some updated SPB OEMs
-Spb Core Services
-Spb Weather 1.7 Optimized with Weather.com, intellicast, and TheWeatherNetwork Canada Forecasts (Default Skin Only)
-Spb Pocket Plus 3.2.0 Optimized Redone from the ground up.
-Spb Insight 1.5.0

These may resolve some of the long standing issues with these OEMs give them a try and let us know how they work out.

===========
=== Bugs ===
===========

SPB Weather temperature display
Quote:
Originally Posted by xv6700ft
I have an issue with spb weather. When my phone reboots, I can see all of the temperatures for the cities I chose. When I go to spb weather options, the view tab doesn't show the temperatures. Then back on the spb weather tab in spb shell, the temperatures disappear. When I reset the phone, they appear again. Does anyone know what can be causing this?
NB Image Converter doesn't convert NB->BMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by test123
The problem is whenever I Save to .bmp it just saves the ImageConverter logo instead of the picture of earth? Is anyone able to convert .nb to .bmp successfully using this util?
Quote:
I can confirm this problem. Tried from the 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 kitchens. Every saved .bmp is the ImageConverter logo, and not the converted .nb like it should be.
From field of SMS message contains part of message
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobreid
when I receive a text message, the "from:" never displays the phone number the message was sent from. Instead, it is just the first word of the message...

for example:
---------
Sent: 8/5/07 1:50 AM

---------
website is awesome

So, when I go to reply, it would read:

-----
To: Your
-----

What can I do about this?
===================
=== Enhancements ===
===================

"Finger Flick" Scrolling contact manager OEM
mbial, has provided a PocketCM .5 OEM.

===================
=== Old Bug Threads ===
===================

1.0.2 Bugs / Patches
1.0.1 Bugs / Patches

==================
=== Unconfirmed Bugs ===
==================

Some bugs may be particular to a specific users personal hardware or configuration, and not really be kitchen bugs. Generally I only will add confirmed bugs to the list (i.e. I have personally verified the bug, or it has been reported by multiple users). I'm going to list reported bugs I consider unconfirmed here, if you are experiencing these as well or if their posters can identify a personal cause of the issue please post.

Inbox mysteriously forwarded
Call mysteriously conferenced in
Can't see SMS responses until responding
Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
ugh.. I dont want to be the first person to point out an issue... everything else seems to be perfect.

The only issue I am having is when I restart my device, it resets the date and time to February of '06 and the time to midnight. Jager is having the same problem as well as he mentioned it may have something to do with the HTC home 6 tab plugin OEM (didn't have issue with the cab install and copying the 4 files on 1.0.2 rom.) I am able to sync the time back up through the network, but have to do it manually everytime I reboot the device.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
ugh.. I dont want to be the first person to point out an issue... everything else seems to be perfect.

I have the same issue. I did not select any of the HTC plugins, so it must be something else. I tried rebuilding with my custom OEMs removed, but no joy. It sounds like it's something other than mine anyway.

This is kind of a show-stopper for me. I had to revert back to 1.0.2 for now...
Old 07-30-2007, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started
I could just be goofy, but it seems to me the dsm was not rebuilt in weatherpanel after the wp-pilot stuff was thrown in. Am i wrong in thinking this needs to be done? First issue so far, but just about to flash.

namopereht
Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefman
Quote:

I have the same issue. I did not select any of the HTC plugins, so it must be something else. I tried rebuilding with my custom OEMs removed, but no joy. It sounds like it's something other than mine anyway.

This is kind of a show-stopper for me. I had to revert back to 1.0.2 for now...
By the way, I'm on Verizon, so I selected the Verizon ExtROM. I noticed there was a change to the proxvml for time sync in the ExtROMs in the change log. I wonder if that may have something to do with it...(?)
Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Ditto on the time sync issue. Didn't work at all with HTC Home OEM built in, and with it left out. Also this is the first time in a long time my SD card will not read. Not issue with card works fine in my other 6700 thats still on 1.0.2. Also i know ROM number seem meaningless now but is it just me or did this go back to the 2.60.10WWE core?
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 07-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
OK guys I'm not sure what's with this time issue. I just noticed it myself, however, my time immediately syncs to Sprint after booting so it's one of those "blink and you miss it" things. At this point I have no idea what's causing it but will look into it. My first suspicion is the core. I will try reverting that and see what happens.

@ nemanracing - What kind of SD card? I've tried 2-3 over the course of building ROMs from this kitchen and had no issues reading any of them. Please try another card (or pop it in a card reader on your PC and format it) and see if your issues are resolved with that.

@namopareht - Right you are. I forgot to rebuild the dsm in the WeatherPanel OEM. WIll be fixed next kitchen (which seems like it will probably come out very soon)
Old 07-30-2007, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
For whatever reason, mine does not sync automatically for some time. Maybe it's a Verizon thing...

If it helps, I just tried flashing with the Verizon ExtROM from 1.0.2 and a minimum package of OEMS... same problem.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
But the same sd card works just fine in my 2nd 6700 with the 1.0.2? So it is not an issue with the card... It's a Adata 2GB, I also have a 2GB Sandisk that does the same. Again they worked before and still work in my 2nd 6700... Not a big deal, I used the nk.fat from the 1.0.2 and this seems to have fixed the time sync and sd issues for now.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Heh, I promise I would not have reverted that core if Helmi didn't tell me to . 1.0.4 will be up soon. Anyone with 1.0.3 please find more bugs so that I don't have to do a 1.0.5 anytime soon--I'm really starting to burn out here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache