PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 10:32 PM
N00b

vclawson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OEM request for Mortplayer 3.31 RC7

I tried to do it myself but when I put it into the kitchen it causes the colors to go heywire. It will program works but I can't get the colors to come up right. I'd like to request one of the gurus to put this together and then I'll compare to what I have to see what I did wrong.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I have an ugly hack that works, but I've never cleaned it up enough to post as an OEM... it does work, but as you said the skins are twitchy. I get around it by just having the skins on the storage card.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:43 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

vclawson is a n00b
Its not the skins that is causing the problem. I'm saying that after flashing it comes up with the initial setup all white. It will go through the setup and finish but then the colors in the whole system are funky. This is without even starting up Mortplayer.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

bmtbandit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bmtbandit Send a message via Skype™ to bmtbandit
What you are describing sound like you overfilled the kitchen. Try removing items from the kitchen and reflash, and see if that does not take care of the problem.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

vclawson is a n00b
If that were the case anything I add would cause this problem which isn't the case. Anyway I also tried just adding only a few OEM's with the Mortplayer OEM that I created and it still gives me the same problem.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Quote:
Originally Posted by vclawson
If that were the case anything I add would cause this problem which isn't the case. Anyway I also tried just adding only a few OEM's with the Mortplayer OEM that I created and it still gives me the same problem.
Could you post what you have so far, and I'll take a look.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

vclawson is a n00b
I'm uploading it to your folder on the FTP now.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I just installed with a cab to see what files are in it. Right away I noticed that gx.dll already exists in \Windows so that could be what's breaking your ROM.

Windows version is 6996 bytes and the MortPlayer is 8781 bytes so not the same version.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

vclawson is a n00b
I've had errors with the gx.dll and have tried to remove it. When I do it will compile but gives me the problem mentioned above. Let me know if you find a way to get this working.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

I'm still looking through it, sorry. I just converted the Night theme folder to Night.mpz to clean things up a bit. Less of a chance of png's already existing too now. I also have no idea how to get around gx.dll being 2 different versions, so that's where I think we're stuck right now.

There are no registry entries, or startup folder links, or today plugins, or today themes, or any of that so I'm stumped as to why it's messing up your system colors. My thoughts right now are that it has to be another OEM.

To test I just uninstalled MortPlayer, dumped everything from the FTP into my \Windows folder (nothing was overwritten) and ran MortPlayer from \Windows. Everything seems to be working so far. It went through the initial MortPlayer setup, even after a soft-reset my system colors are fine. The only problem is that the settings screen is "blank".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache