PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 04:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

vclawson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm pretty sure the problem is going to center around the gx.dll. In doing to research it appears this dll does have something to do with video. Do you know of any way to copy this newer gx.dll instead of what is in the the Rom. There is a gx.dll folder in SYS\Redist but I'm not sure how to get the new gx.dll to get copied in instead.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfletch12 is a n00b
I use mortplayer exclusively with no problems. Here's the OEM i use. it's one version older than what you want, but you can just copy the newer files over top of mine and cook away. I had the 3.31b7 but i like the volume slider in 6 better. The gx.dll file i just deleted since it was in the OS already, newer or not i didn't need it. I've been cooking roms with this Mort OEM for quite some time with out issues.

"ftp://ftp.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/New Core OEMs/rfletch/Optional_rf_MortPlayer-3.31b61.zip"
Old 07-25-2007, 12:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

vclawson is a n00b
Still not working. I tried your OEM and then I tried your OEM with the new files copied in. Still get the same thing. The boot screen comes up all scrambled and then instead of the green Windows Mobile setup screen it is all white. If I tap the screen it goes through the stylus setup but only some of the actual writing is there. Finally it comes up and the phone functions but all the colors are funky. It must be a conflict with another OEM. I'll have to do some testing on that.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfletch12 is a n00b
I know you mentioned that you didn't think the kitchen was too full. I've gotten what you've described before several times when I had too many OEMs selected while making my own roms. You might try unselecting everything but this mort OEM and flash and see if it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache