PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 - TMOUS
Carrier: T-Mobile

DopeWeasel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wisbar Lite v1.1.10.14 OEM

Ok... this one is just buggin me. I've created what seems to be a fully working OEM of the latest Wisbar Lite with all shortcuts included and functional but there is some simple text missing from the bottom of the Settings tab (right above About and Registration).

Everything else seems to work, but this text is still missing. I think I saw an older version of this OEM with this same issue... anyone know how to go about fixing it? I will attach the OEM I created here.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
Good luck! I'd really like to see this added. I've gotten used to Wisbar lite on Saridnour's ROM.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks, I use this proggie all the time as well...

I think I now realize why nobody has updated their Wisbar OEM since v111010 (some OEMs are titled 111013, but this does not prove accurate after install). With 111013 Lakerige added support for other languages... I think this may have made making the OEM more difficult.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
I'll take a look at the original cab for 111014 in a sec.
I know in the wisbaradv cab there are a bunch of language dll's like French.dll etc and it only copies one to a file called "language.dll" in the same running directory as wisbaradv2.exe, depending on the lang you choose during install. I'm going to see if wislite does the same.

Edit: It does exactly that. Notice the 0english.026 file in the cab? That needs to be copied as language.dll in the same directory as wisbarlite will be running from. On a side note, it might conflict with wisbaradv2's language.dll if they're not the same but being copied over eachother in \Windows.

Edit again: Grrr.. ignore that ^^^ they're text files in this one.

Sorry. I have no idea why it's doing that then. The setup xml looks like it's just a full install to one directory, no sub-folders so I don't know why it's not working properly from windows.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann
I'll take a look at the original cab for 111014 in a sec.
I know in the wisbaradv cab there are a bunch of language dll's like French.dll etc and it only copies one to a file called "language.dll" in the same running directory as wisbaradv2.exe, depending on the lang you choose during install. I'm going to see if wislite does the same.

Edit: It does exactly that. Notice the 0english.026 file in the cab? That needs to be copied as language.dll in the same directory as wisbarlite will be running from. On a side note, it might conflict with wisbaradv2's language.dll if they're not the same but being copied over eachother in \Windows.

Edit again: Grrr.. ignore that ^^^ they're text files in this one.

Sorry. I have no idea why it's doing that then. The setup xml looks like it's just a full install to one directory, no sub-folders so I don't know why it's not working properly from windows.
LOL... So I take it you understand my frustration. Thanks for the assist, this new version is
Old 07-21-2007, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

n8mack33 is a n00b
I would sure love to add this one as well. Good luck, wish I could be of assistance, but you guys are over my head on this one.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
I just had an idea on this. In initflashfiles.txt you could try copying english.txt , wisbarlite_96.dll and shell32Ex.dll to the proper install directory (\Program Files\Lakeridge\Wisbar Lite) incase the full path to the file is hardcoded in or something. They're small files.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache