PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
I just flash a prebuilt ROM. (It has what I need) 9 18.75%
I use the kitchen and the OEMs allready provided in it. 6 12.50%
I use the kitchen and Custom OEMs (made by me or another user) 29 60.42%
I use the stock ROM from my provider and just install cabs. 0 0%
I would like to use a prebuilt ROM but none of them have what I'm looking for. 3 6.25%
Dude... What?! 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
ROM, Kitchen, OEM, Cab? Which do you prefer?

I noticed that OEM's seem to be in high demand, but I also know that a lot of people don't build their own ROM from the kitchen or if they do, they don't use any extra OEM's that weren't included in the kitchen.

This is just a little poll/discussion to see which most people prefer and why (if you have the time). It could help some of us see where to concentrate more in coming up with OEM's or ROMs, etc. If you want to see more OEM's, which ones, etc. What do you want to see in a prebuilt ROM, if that's your preference.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
I'm not that picky, i just use other people's ROMS...I'll add some cabs if i really want a program, no biggie to have some extra stuff for me...
Old 07-20-2007, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
I think I am where most people here are, or should be anyway. I like having the kitchen available so that I can select only what I want (I run a pretty clean machine) and one of these days I am going to tackle making OEMs for the 4 or 5 programs that I currently install post-flash.

For what it's worth... the one OEM that I would think would be in high demand would be Opera Mobile... lots of folks here use it (it's so much better than Internet Explorer). I'd wait for now, though... was just at their site and they just announced v9 which is going to make it hands down the best WM web browser (includes AJAX support, embedded Flash support, and Web 2.0 support, among others). Can't wait.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Threadstarter

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Awesome. That sounds like v9 will kick some butt.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

indoe is keeping up the good workindoe is keeping up the good work
I use luv/Helmi 3.5 base and do the rest myself i use my own oem but i use cab's most of the time just because my phone is important and i don't have time to upgrade software with full rom i just update by cab

for example i didn't know there was a beta .net CF 3.0 and i wanted to try it and all i had to do is uninstall the old one and install the new one with out doing a rom upgrade and 3.0 blowed so i just went back to 2.0 SP1 all in 5min with out cooking anything and my phone stayed full customized look and setting
Old 07-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Retired Staff

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
I've made custom OEM's for just about everything I use... actually all but SlingMobile. Love that I can hard reset and my phone is exactly how it should be when I'm done with a normal phone.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 07-20-2007, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

rbinkley is a n00b
I'm ripe when it comes to cooking... wow, double puns... anyways, I tried making some OEM's but its a bit over my head just now. I did manage to cook my own ROM from the kitchen though!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Too Busy to Cook...

I would probably cook my own ROM, but I have had enough time finding the time to use someone else's... Guess it's Take-Out for me...
Old 07-21-2007, 12:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
This has been my 1st adventure cooking ROM's, and I'd say it's been quite easy & fun!

Cooking your own ROM w/ custom OEM's is the way to go......you select & get exactly what you want!

BTW...thanks to those who have made the kitchen available to us!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache