PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Custom ROMs built from Helmi 3.5

Hey everyone. I've been messing around with the new kitchen for quite awhile, and I'm thinking of cooking up some custom ROMs for the public. I'll probably make a few, but I am looking for your guys help. I want to make something you will like, so let me know what you want!

I'm up for anything, special themes, programs, you name it! I'm here to serve, lol.

Mainly I want to try to help out those who want the new rom, but either fell they cant or dont want to mess with the kitchen.
Make sure you give props to all those who keep this site running, as well as those who provide all those ever-so-useful ROMs and applications. If someone helps you out, or answers a question of yours, be sure to click the "Thanks" button.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: att cricket

hectorjcenteno is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hectorjcenteno Send a message via MSN to hectorjcenteno Send a message via Yahoo to hectorjcenteno
That would be nice. Some of the programs I like are: wisbar advanced, phone alarm,pim contact backup, internet sharing, mem maid, stuff like that, and some games! Maybe an all black theme would be awesome. That's for me though, I don't know about the rest of the people!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Shaska is just getting started
Re: New Custom ROMs built from Helmi 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenx06
Hey everyone. I've been messing around with the new kitchen for quite awhile, and I'm thinking of cooking up some custom ROMs for the public. I'll probably make a few, but I am looking for your guys help. I want to make something you will like, so let me know what you want!

I'm up for anything, special themes, programs, you name it! I'm here to serve, lol.

Mainly I want to try to help out those who want the new rom, but either fell they cant or dont want to mess with the kitchen.
Well, from what I saw, People seemed to LOVE kirvin's clean and simple roms as a good base for the PPC owners who just want the updated rom itself and don't mind installing their custom software (Me included! :P)

I myself still cant figure out how to use MSCEInf to extract a cab, so my custom rom so far is pretty much nothing more then the basic kitchen provides with CorePlayer and XCPUScalar added in... I still got to figure out how to add WisbarAdvanced2, PHMRegedit, OperaBrowser, and a few other various cabs...
Old 07-18-2007, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
I've actually built an OEM for Wisbar Advance 2, but the license agreement from Lakeridge says it can't be redistributed without permission.

If anyone thinks they could get permission then I can package it up for you, english with WAD and default themes.

Hint for making your own: The trick is all in the reg keys and making a few changes to the ".skin" files to run from windows dir.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 - TMOUS
Carrier: T-Mobile

DopeWeasel is just getting started
I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to create their own ROM from the kitchen... it's getting so much easier now.

The only thing that would really make the kitchen more idiot proof is if it could somehow count up the size of the OEMs as you are checking them off in BuildOS so you don't accidentally overdo it.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeWeasel
I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to create their own ROM from the kitchen... it's getting so much easier now.

The only thing that would really make the kitchen more idiot proof is if it could somehow count up the size of the OEMs as you are checking them off in BuildOS so you don't accidentally overdo it.
It is really easy nowadays, but some people just dont want to mess with it. Either they dont have the time, or they just have a preconcived notion that they just cant do it.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fablife is just getting started
Hi phoenx06 -

I would so appreciate this as I have downloaded Helmi's kitchen but have not worked up the courage to start cooking yet as I have 3 kids and cant devote the needed time to do it. If you are able to, I would like to see some of the following:

- Optimized for speed and stability!
- Resco Explorer 2007
- SPB Mobile Shell
- SPB PHone Suite (seems to be the most stable of it's kind, atleast for me)
- Safemode (this has helped me alot in the past)
- SPB Backup (or something similar - again works great for me)
- Weatherpanel
- WA2 (or 3 )
- Core Player
- MultieIE or Pie+
- Memmaid or sktools
- midlet manager
- Live Search
- Resco Photo Viewer (or something similar)
- SPB Diary
- Ext_ROM unlocked
- Updated Calculator skin
- UI Tweaker
- WM5new Menu
- Calendar+
- Threaded SMS
- Winrar

- Some cool arcade games like Missle defense and Asteroids

Thats all I can think of right now
Old 07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
I wouldn't mind a fairly basic ROM if you come up with one, i've got all the .cabs i need to make it like i want it later. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

4 Door Skyline is just getting started
take a look at captainjager's rom....thats a heck of a starting point, and thats the one im running, Im very happy with it.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Claro Dominicana

el_venga is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to el_venga
like shaska said a C&S would be great, i prefer this custom rom because i dont always install the same apps every time i do hard reset or reflash.
my basics are windows live, midlet manager, pocketrar, totalcommander, opera mobile, internet share, btaudio and nr deluxe but i just a C&S rom please.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache