PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to RUU with Vista

Forgive me, because I know you can find instructions on how to flash using Windows Vista, but they are all throught different topics and in random posts. I ran a search and couldn't find a dedicated topic to using RUU with Vista. Sorry if I missed it, feel free to delete this if I did.

I've seen a few different ways to get it to work, but I find that this particular method seems to work very well. Two of my friends swear by it. It's bit lengthy, but check it out. If anything, its good knowledge to have.
http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=e8...ic=252977&st=0
Make sure you give props to all those who keep this site running, as well as those who provide all those ever-so-useful ROMs and applications. If someone helps you out, or answers a question of yours, be sure to click the "Thanks" button.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

kdoweb is a n00b
I think this is no longer needed if you use wmdc 6.1. just disable the USB and put the phone in boot loader mode and flash away.

I have tested this with Vista x86 and x64 and was able to flash in both version of Vista.

kdoweb
Old 07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
You are correct my friend, this is just another work around method. Just thought people would like to know.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yea in vista I was not able to flash a rom so I did the driver change before saw this thread and didnt realize I just had to disable usb. duh!

I could just use system restore to revert back to original drivers, but only difference I noticed using these drivers is that to sync I now need to enable the "Advanced network functionality" checkbox in connections settings tab on my 6700, where before I had to "un-check" it.

So in vista I am using a virtual machine running XP pro, but DUH again I used M$ Virtual PC and this program is not able to have virtual machine recognize the USB, so I have to drag the rom & NOID files out of the virtual machine to Vista to flash.

Anyway this is still ok since before i was using 2 laptops for kitchen.

Was having problems with also with "BuildDSM" no matter all soulutions I tried.

It ran on 2 HP laptops (XP & Vista) and,
Did not run on 2 Gateway laptops (XP & media Center versions).

Just pointing out my experience, not to bash Gateway as I liked all these laptops.

EDIT:
linking similar threads:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=vista

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=vista

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-13-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just staing my findings in case anyone does not already know:

For those that chose to run a "virtual machine" with XP inside vista(as host), the program recommended is "VMware", NOT "M$ Virtual PC" wich is free but does not support USB at this time.
Lack of USB support means cannot run upgrade or sync 6700 in a virtual machine.

Vmware program can and has 30 day eveluation here:
http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/overview.html

Another possible solution:
For those who chose the free M$ virtual PC program, you can try to run your existing virtual machine created there on VMware free player, an alternative that I will be testing, located here:
http://www.vmware.com/products/player/faqs.html

Look what he page says about the free version:
"VMware Player includes features that enable users to configure their machines for optimal performance as well as access host PC devices..."

Anyone tried please post comments.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
You Still Need The Drivers When Doing A Radio Update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache