View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Maxx134
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yea in vista I was not able to flash a rom so I did the driver change before saw this thread and didnt realize I just had to disable usb. duh!

I could just use system restore to revert back to original drivers, but only difference I noticed using these drivers is that to sync I now need to enable the "Advanced network functionality" checkbox in connections settings tab on my 6700, where before I had to "un-check" it.

So in vista I am using a virtual machine running XP pro, but DUH again I used M$ Virtual PC and this program is not able to have virtual machine recognize the USB, so I have to drag the rom & NOID files out of the virtual machine to Vista to flash.

Anyway this is still ok since before i was using 2 laptops for kitchen.

Was having problems with also with "BuildDSM" no matter all soulutions I tried.

It ran on 2 HP laptops (XP & Vista) and,
Did not run on 2 Gateway laptops (XP & media Center versions).

Just pointing out my experience, not to bash Gateway as I liked all these laptops.

EDIT:
linking similar threads:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=vista

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=vista

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-13-2007 at 07:07 AM.