PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 02:58 PM
PH6178

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUFLY29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUFLY29
I've run into a small annoyance with this ROM (not a deal breaker by any stretch). When I go into my Today settings and change something, it will occasionally freeze. However, a quick soft reset takes care of that. Had this been the AKU 2.2 ROM it would be annoying but since it reboots in under 10 seconds, I don't care anymore .

How do you reboot in 10 seconds?? Mine still takes a while to reboot (35-45 sec)...Not that it really matters I guess since I have only had to do it a couple of time since I put this rom on it..
sorry, I was just exaggerating (probably should have put a smiley there ). I just timed it and it's about 25 seconds from when carrier screen.
No problem just a here and thought maybe I did something wrong with this ROM
Old 07-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny
About the new kitchen.... If the new kitchen has the 3.5 core and the 3.3 drivers.....Because we are sticking with the 3.5 core from the previous kitchen, does this mean we wont have the active/inactive icons for the data connection or will it carry over from the 3.3 drivers?
Nah it is part of the "Apache" stuff so it will still work even with the 3.5 OS files.

BUT: like mogul users are finding out, custom phone skins have a tendency to cause them to stop working (i.e. will be white all the time--this doesn't mean data is constantly active... it means that the skin disabled the function for the arrows to turn grey when data is inactive).

So if you want data arrows, you will be somewhat limited to the phone skin you use.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Lurker

finch1000 is a n00b
If only this ROM had come out a few months ago.... I'm trading in for a Mogul tomorrow. lol
Old 07-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm
Ive noticed a problem when working with photos it locks up. If I try to open them or add a picture to a contact. There was one other thing but I cant remember it right now.

Are you running Sprint? Tried mine out and it was actually quicker then the 3.5.4 kitchen...pics loaded fast and easy
Yeah, sprint. Its the Colonol .nbf file dated 7-5-07
Old 07-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lunatic
Not to seem impatient but what's the status on the new kitchen?
Funny, you do seem a bit impatient

Sorting out MMS and DirectShow stuff right now. Just hang on.
Any hope to release the ROM this weekend?I can't wait any longer.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477
Any hope to release the ROM this weekend?I can't wait any longer.
Magic 8-ball : Signs look good
Old 07-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
thanks and sorry again

thanks capn and luv2chill for your advice. Thank you everyone for being patient with me. I do apologize again and assure you it'll never happen again in this thread or any other. I was just frustrated. Anyways, what's the official word on the 3.3? Has helmi put out his official seal of approval on it yet. How did his testing end up?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6875 - Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

biglcny is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny
About the new kitchen.... If the new kitchen has the 3.5 core and the 3.3 drivers.....Because we are sticking with the 3.5 core from the previous kitchen, does this mean we wont have the active/inactive icons for the data connection or will it carry over from the 3.3 drivers?
Nah it is part of the "Apache" stuff so it will still work even with the 3.5 OS files.

BUT: like mogul users are finding out, custom phone skins have a tendency to cause them to stop working (i.e. will be white all the time--this doesn't mean data is constantly active... it means that the skin disabled the function for the arrows to turn grey when data is inactive).

So if you want data arrows, you will be somewhat limited to the phone skin you use.
This is good to know.... you guys are the best and have given us so much
I have started to create my own OEM's as I have become more comfortable with the kitchens. I would like to give back by sharing them on the FTP. Obviously commercial apps will have keys or executables removed.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 AM
PH6178

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ive noticed a problem when working with photos it locks up. If I try to open them or add a picture to a contact. There was one other thing but I cant remember it right now.

Are you running Sprint? Tried mine out and it was actually quicker then the 3.5.4 kitchen...pics loaded fast and easy
Yeah, sprint. Its the Colonol .nbf file dated 7-5-07

I mixed the .nbf from the offical 3.3 with Kervin no junk basic rom, flashed with the 1.41 radio, and added the daylight savings update and it is running better then I thought possible ...Are you using the basic contact manager?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff
1.41 radio feedback

I have helmi_c r4 rom and a few days back i flashed to radio 1.41. Only the radio, not the rom and then soft reset. I have been noticing the battery seriously last much longer. All the data connects are normal and RDP seems faster.
Thought i would add my 2cents.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache