PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Lurker

theboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Today theme color

How can I, if there is a way, change the color of the today border? also i would like to know some ways to prevent my phone from freezing when i add a today theme to the phone.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Re: Today theme color

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy
How can I, if there is a way, change the color of the today border? also i would like to know some ways to prevent my phone from freezing when i add a today theme to the phone.
I believe there is an option in "PPC6700 Hacks" to set this. It can be done via a registry edit, but I'm not sure what the key is.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
There are several reg keys that need changing. Best option is to find a theme (.tsk) you like and edit it to work for your purposes. Doing it manually can be a real pain.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 06-25-2007, 09:38 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Tweaks2K2.net [not free retail app] has a simple way to do this as well.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:42 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I found this nice app to change colors......

On a side note, I see Trianglepowers.com has changed format to a game site
Attached Files
File Type: zip uitweaker_127.zip (268.8 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

twalls is a n00b
does anyone have the problem of UITweaker not changing he actual background of the theme? You can set the background color, but it doesen't reflect the change... If I lock the phone and click unlock in the soft bar, I can see the background color that I selected, but then when the phone actually unlocks, it reverts the background color to whatever the THEME'S background color was..

I'm working on an HTC Mogul by the way, and as you can see I'm editing the Windows Default Theme.. I just changed the bar colors using UITweaker's Window's Mobile 5 Theme Changer on the 2nd tab.. 2nd app on that page.. Used the base hue of 296. But as you can see in the pics below, I also went to the SysColor Changer tab and changed "Background Color" to that gold color below.. The only time it reflects is when I unlock the phone.. Is there something I'm missing? Is there another theme I need to use to make this work as the default theme? I have windows mobile 6, could THAT be the problem? It only edits windows mobile 5 themes?

here is what my today page looks like:

here is the settings page where I changed the background color to the one I wanted...

here is the unlock screen that reflects the color I want...
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM
N00b

drdrewusaf is a n00b
Base Hue Express.
Attached Files
File Type: zip basehueexpress_188.zip (21.0 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

twalls is a n00b
thank u a lot for the app... but it does the same thing.. (chages the bars but not the bg color and reflects in the unlock screen but not the today screen.) remember i'm on mobile 6... maybe there's another reg setting that's not getting changed somewhere... any idea where to look?

is there a generic theme that doesn't have an 'image' as the today background that I should be selecting? because the ouly thing that has worked for me in changing the color of the bg on the today screen is spd shell... I can select a theme based on a base hue and it actually changes the bg... only problem there is there's only the predefined hues to select from...

After looking at it again:

I am noticing also that there is an "image" background for that as well as there are "whisps" (for lack of a better term) of white coming from the lower right hand corner, so that is an image as well.. So these are just predefined themes as well... Just in the colors available. So is it a fair assumption that you HAVE to have an image as your BG for Windows Mobile 6? If so, that means there's a file we can replace... Any Ideas?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

twalls is a n00b
with all that being said, I got ThemeGenCE...

Took me all night to learn what format to use and get the gradient bars correct, but I finally got it...

For those of you using a PPC6700 or anything like it, use the
QVGA P +L(240x294, 320x214) setting...

you DO indeed have to use an image for the today background.. It doesn't let you just use a base hue...

Guess it took me all day, but I finally learned...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache