PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How far have you gotten WM6 to work?

Last night I spent a few hours comparing and trying various things with WM6. In the end I had a mocked up WM6 (used alot of 3.5 stuff) that actually made it to the WM6 boot screen, where it froze after that. Was wondering if anyone else had more success than this or if anyone has any real ideas of what else is needed to get it working properly.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
Wow do you know what you changed in the rom to get that far? Also what rom base did you use to start out with?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I started with the Wizard's WM6 upgrade as my base WM6 package, then there was a Wm6 Kitchen created (had to use these tools and not the ones with the 3.5 kitchen). I then took the 3.5 kitchen and compared it to the WM6 kitchen and the WM6 depackaged rom. After sifting through a few registry/packages I just picked out what I thought would be needed. I wasn't to thorough with it all as it was getting late and i was tired. But in the end the kitchen didnt quite compile right but it was still packagable so I tried that loaded it up and got the WM6 boot screen, i let it sit over night in hopes it might magically load but no luck.

I am going to give it another shot this weekend, see if i can't get a meracle. The only issue I see though, is that alot of the WM6 info/binaries seemed to be bound to GSM network stuff (i.e. alot of sim stuff, alot of radio stuff, ect.) So im wondering if we really do have to wait for a CDMA version to be released so we have CDMA versions of these binary files.

Anyways, if anyone else wants to keep trying with me, I think this is the right path.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Elite Team Member

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
wow nice. I'm more than happy to do anything I can to help you in this pursuit. I've played with some of this before but got no where. I will play as well thanks for some ideas to start with.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have the crossbow rom in my folder on the FTP, and the WM6 kitchen is on xda-developers under the Wizard forum.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
bump
Old 05-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
You might get some insight if you post something in the Apache Upgradng forum at xda-developers. Although it seems like most of the visitors there are PPCGeeks members, you never know who might stumble across it and give you some assistance.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:39 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
@gbm85: love the sig. Viva la free HD-DVD!

Old 05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Would the rom from the 6800 running WM6 help us?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Elite Team Member

I think it could help if you have access to it please upload it! I tried messing with this myself and also got to the boot screen but no further but I think it may be something with using the original boot files for mine atleast

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache