View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 03:26 PM
cohowap
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I started with the Wizard's WM6 upgrade as my base WM6 package, then there was a Wm6 Kitchen created (had to use these tools and not the ones with the 3.5 kitchen). I then took the 3.5 kitchen and compared it to the WM6 kitchen and the WM6 depackaged rom. After sifting through a few registry/packages I just picked out what I thought would be needed. I wasn't to thorough with it all as it was getting late and i was tired. But in the end the kitchen didnt quite compile right but it was still packagable so I tried that loaded it up and got the WM6 boot screen, i let it sit over night in hopes it might magically load but no luck.

I am going to give it another shot this weekend, see if i can't get a meracle. The only issue I see though, is that alot of the WM6 info/binaries seemed to be bound to GSM network stuff (i.e. alot of sim stuff, alot of radio stuff, ect.) So im wondering if we really do have to wait for a CDMA version to be released so we have CDMA versions of these binary files.

Anyways, if anyone else wants to keep trying with me, I think this is the right path.