PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

btrcp2000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
any updates on this? i'm intrigued by it, because my 6700 seems to give me about 1.5-2 weeks of intellligent behavior, then it starts the long road downhill until i give up and hard reset once again. It also does something at night that sucks the battery dry, but I can't pinpoint it. I have weatherpanel installed (though I think that came with this latest ROM, but I've had my own copy for years) and yahoo IMAP, both update every 30 minutes. This seems to work well during the day.

Running colonel's 3.5.8.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Palooz is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to Palooz
Still no word?

I would sure like to know how to fix this, as this is the main source of the 'hate' part of my love-hate relationship with this phone!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
N00b

drdrewusaf is a n00b
Oh yeah...this thread...

Here's your update, the removal of calupd.exe from the kitchen did nothing. 2 weeks down the road the reminders started doing their normal thing...not going off, not waking the ppc, saving 10-15 up before letting it all out at the same time, auto dismissing themselves....the list goes on.

I flashed to the new Unified ROM 1.02 two days ago, so we'll see what happens with that. However, if it continues, I'm going to attribute it to one thing, and one thing only: Outlook and ActiveSync (or two things).

Quote:
Also, on another note, memmaid shows ALL birthdays in my contacts for the current year (even past months of the current year)...

if the calendar is updated/changed/cleaned by the phone using any of the above programs, activesync and outlook will just throw the crap back onto the phone anyway
After my flash of the new rom, I found 10 occurences of my mom's birthday...TEN!!! I think it's because of the multiple times I flashed the phone, then synced it back up...every time I did this outlook would add a new occurence of the birthday...it wouldn't surprise me if outlook did the same with all appts. The multiples would show up as a single and fubar each other in the process. The only fix I can think of (and I've been to busy and/or lazy to try it) would be the following:

1) Plug the phone into the computer and let it sync up.
2) Delete the device from activesync.
3) Remove activesync from the computer...CLEANLY (go delete the folders associated w/ it when the uninstall is done, run through the registry, etc.)
4) Open outlook and delete everything in the calendar...just for cleanliness I would go in and delete all of my contacts too...not back them up then delete them then restore them, delete them so they will be rebuilt by hand.
5) Restart the computer
6) Install activesync
7) Hard reset the phone
8) WITHOUT making any new contacts or calendar entries, sync the phone
9) Make sure activesync is in the "replace item on device" mode
10) Create the contacts
11) Sync the phone
12) Create the calendar entries
13) Sync the phone
14) Wait 2 weeks and see if crap blows up.

I would also stay away from putting birthdays in any contact's info...

Anyway, like I said, I've been too lazy to try this out. I might give it a go this weekend. But thats the best I can give you.

Drew
Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S 4G, EVO View 4G, Nook Color, Dell X30
Carrier: T-Mobile

av8tr is just getting started
That's a little extreme.

All you need to do is back up your Synchronized Files (I change the name of the folder in My Documents) and delete the mobile device in ActiveSync.

Hard reset and reload everything. There should not be any duplicates in the calendar or contacts with 1 exception: *2 Customer Service

Old 07-24-2007, 10:05 PM
N00b

drdrewusaf is a n00b
Yeah, but I wouldn't trust that everything is gone. Of course, this could just be the fact that I work with ridiculously crappy software on a regular basis and have come to accept that it is that difficult. Convoluted processes like the one above are an everyday occurrence in my line of work. In any case, I still wouldn't trust that everything is gone...In situations like these, we call it the "Microsoft Factor" in my work place...

Drew

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache