PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jester573 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you routinely use your 6700 for your wake up alarm? Did you find an alarm program that would work reliably? I have tried using the system alarm as well as ptravelalarm and they appeared to have the same problem, but I didn't un-install spbtime while trying it.

I have been talking to spbtime support and painfully explained the problem, they stated that they couldn't offer a solution since it seemed user specific and probably isn't a problem with their software. They were nice but not very accommodating
Old 05-23-2007, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

phyrebird is a n00b
Well.. this may be using a crayon to touch up a Van Gogh, but...

I use my 6700 (Kirvin's Clean & Simple Sprint ROM) as my alarm clock in the morning, and since I let it charge all night, I just went to Start>Settings>System>Power>Advanced and unchecked "Turn off device if not used for..." under "External Power". I use SPBTime and it runs like a champ.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jester573 is a n00b
Yeah, I heard that just leaving it "Awake" works well, but I would prefer not to since it really doesn't require charging each night, I can usually go 3 or 4 days without plugging it in. Since I travel somewhat frequent, it is inconvenient to always carry the charger and then remember to pack it in the morning...

I appreciate the input though, the more info the better...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:15 PM
jrs
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

jrs is a n00b
I have found two things that fix the notifications problem:
1) Tweaks2K2 has a system trick that is an alarm fix and a wake up to full power mode. This has been helpful
2) pocketmax's alarm today. download the trial and it will fix your notification queue.

MemMaid is supposed to do the same thign but I havent found it as effective

Good luck. I've been there.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jester573 is a n00b
I have tried Tweaks2K2 but there really isn't anything there that I can't do by just manually editing the registry. The wake up to full power mode works (it is also available in Burr Oaks "wakeup tweak") really drains the battery since it seems that calupd.exe hangs and never allows it to go back into sleep mode. I tried alarm today and it has the same problem, it seems to be a device problem rather than a software issue.

Something with calupd.exe is killing me, as long as I keep it from running then everything works great. I have gone almost a month without a notification issue and I have not needed to perform a soft reset once!!

I guess that it could be removed from the ROM but I don't know how to do that, I guess I am stuck manually resetting the run time for calupd.exe every time I do a soft reset, which now is almost never, so I guess it really isn't a problem.

I would appreciate everyone's input on other options though...
Old 05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
In Tweaks2K2 which setting is it?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:23 AM
N00b

drdrewusaf is a n00b
I think I may be having the same problem...My calendar notifications go off w/o a hitch for a while but for some reason out of nowhere some of the notifications go off, but disappear before I hit the "Dismiss" button. After that there is no "Notification" button waiting for me to clear. A couple weeks down the road and I get 7 of the same notification going off for something a week and a half ago and another 7 for a different notification. And it goes on and on...Anyway, my fix was to reflash the phone and 2-3 weeks later reflash it again.

I'm going to remove calupd.exe from my custom ROM tonight and reflash. I will keep you all updated.

Drew
Old 05-31-2007, 10:05 AM
N00b

drdrewusaf is a n00b
Well, I've been running the ROM w/o calupd.exe for about 10hrs now. No "cannot find calupd.exe" or "calupd.exe is missing or corupt" errors so far. Notifications are fine, but, as said before, the problem doesn't REALLY rear its ugly head until a week or two into it. I have been able to make, edit, and delete appointments in the calendar with no problem. Again, I will keep you updated.

Drew
Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jester573 is a n00b
Great to hear, do you use your calendar for many things though? I think that it may cause problems with your calendar updates and notifications if you use it a lot...
Old 06-02-2007, 01:50 PM
N00b

drdrewusaf is a n00b
I have a few repeating alarms in my calendar and only add appointments when I'm pretty sure I'll forget something. I mostly use regular alarms though. I would also like to add that looking through memmaid shows that there are no occurrences of calupd.exe, so I shouldn't be getting any errors from the ppc trying to run it. Also, on another note, memmaid shows ALL birthdays in my contacts for the current year (even past months of the current year), but regular appointments only for the current day in the queue. Maybe a huge surplus of birthdays can cause the original problem?

As for calupd.exe, the way I see it, since all of my old appt's keep reappearing after hard resets and flashes; if the calendar is updated/changed/cleaned by the phone using any of the above programs, activesync and outlook will just throw the crap back onto the phone anyway. This is even with activesync in the "replace item on desktop" mode. So the only real way to clean out the calendar is to do it manually. Calupd.exe is useless IMO.

But, its only been a couple of days, so we'll see what happens in a couple of weeks.

Drew

P.S. If my ppc and calendar start going nuts, I have a backup of my original custom ROM, so no worries.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache