PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

lawreaga is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey. Colonel. what do I need to do to revert my phone into the original firmware? I somehow got the phone boot back up and tried to attachments email method I wrote above and it didn't work.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
You will need a USB connection as far as I know. You will have to run the installer from the PC. I was looking but could not find any info on upgrading OTA or from the SD.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lawreaga is a n00b
so I'm SOL huh? looks like I have to bring to the store with your firmware on it...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Yeah, looks like you have to. Just dont mention the rom. If they bring it up, DO NOT let them blame the hardware issue on the rom.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

tek2tirado is just getting started
this happend 2 me 2
it didnt recognize the device
i tried everything

finally i switched my mouse 2 that usb port ...and my mouse didnt want 2 work .... i guess it burned out my port

the funny thing is if i have the power off on the fone it will charge ... but once i turn it on ...it doesnt
Old 05-15-2007, 01:23 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lawreaga is a n00b
what do you mean it charges when the phone is off? because mines says its charging when I turn it on after it goes into hybernating mode but its actually not charging anything at all. the battery bar just keeps going lower and lower.

Does yours charge with the AC usb charger? mines doesn't charge with anything. the only way I charge is by pulling the battery out and place it on the charging cradle.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:31 AM
Retired Staff

have you tried all the USB ports on your PC?
Old 05-15-2007, 04:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

tek2tirado is just getting started
i tried the other usb and it works
so its just that usb
sux cuz i only have 2 usb ports and ima have 2 use the good one for my mouse

andi mean it charges when the back light is off(amber light stays solid)...once i turn on the back light it stops chargin.... and i know it stops chargin cuz it goes back 2 showin how much battery life it has
Old 05-15-2007, 09:41 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: usb stopped working

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawreaga
I recently updated my firmware to colonel's 3.5 sprint final on my ppc6700. everything ran great for a few days but all of sudden the usb stopped working. it does not charge nor does it activate active sync when its connected to the computer. I've tried with different usb wire and different chargers, soft reset, hard reset, restarted my computer... almost everything. and still the same result. maybe my usb just broke and have nothing to do with the hacked aku firmware since I had the phone for a year... I plan on going to the sprint store to exchange it for another one today but I want to reset the phone to original firmware before doing so. but the usb problem is preventing me to do that. anybody have any ideas?
I wouldn't go in there with a non-OEM ROM.
Sprint has always given me a hard time for any ROM altering software when I've been there. At this point I always flash back.
Barring that, I'd get whatever data you can off and make the phone unusable. Run over it with your car. I've never seen a tech that knew more about that phone than I did- and I am not a genius with these things.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:13 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lawreaga is a n00b
anybody have any software that I can install off the SD card and brick my phone? I dont' wanna RUN OVER my phone. thats ridiclous

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache