PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know where to buy refurbished phones?

Anyone? I'm looking for a source to be able to buy 10 or so at a time.. I know it exists, or ebay wouldn't be flooded with 6700 refurbs.

anyone got any ideas?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
PS: branding of the phone doesn't matter, just as long as they're CDMA... I'm going to be converting them to use on cricket.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Did you try doing a goggle search for "PDA Bulk Lot" or something along those lines?

Doing a real quick search i found this
http://www.liquidation.com

http://cgi.liquidation.com/auction/v...&convertTo=USD
"Variety of PDAs from Palm, Tungsten & More - Over $20, 400 in Retail Value!" basically 102 pdas for $1200

Also found 95 Bluetooth Headsets for $100

I know its gay. But Sometimes on ebay people sell lists on where to buy bulk items.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Careful giving blanket information there Cricket boy, I just talked to Verizon customer service the other day and tried to activate an old digital star tac for use just when I'm on the ATV and don't want to trash my 6700. It was CDMA, and as your post suggests, should have been fine, but in fact it wasn't. The ESN wouldn't take. The customer service rep told me that Verizon has recently had a memo circulating advising of a new policy in which they will no longer activate phones from other carriers. He said the computer will reject an ESN from any other carrier, even though the phone may be CDMA. Alltel has enacted a similar policy in our area, except it is enforced by their reps, and the ESN's aren't actually locked out of the system like Verizon. That was my experience recently anyway, same thing happened to me with an Alltel Blackberry too. Couldn't activate it because the ESN wasn't from Verizon, computer wouldn't accept it.

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
Old 05-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2
Careful giving blanket information there Cricket boy, I just talked to Verizon customer service the other day and tried to activate an old digital star tac for use just when I'm on the ATV and don't want to trash my 6700. It was CDMA, and as your post suggests, should have been fine, but in fact it wasn't. The ESN wouldn't take. The customer service rep told me that Verizon has recently had a memo circulating advising of a new policy in which they will no longer activate phones from other carriers. He said the computer will reject an ESN from any other carrier, even though the phone may be CDMA. Alltel has enacted a similar policy in our area, except it is enforced by their reps, and the ESN's aren't actually locked out of the system like Verizon. That was my experience recently anyway, same thing happened to me with an Alltel Blackberry too. Couldn't activate it because the ESN wasn't from Verizon, computer wouldn't accept it.

Actually, alltel, sprint and Verizon ONLY activate phones from within their own pool of ESN's.. It's been that way for YEARS. The only way to get another carrier's phone activated with these companies is if you have someone on the inside who can manually add an ESN to their database...

Cricket, however, will activate other carriers ESN's with no problems. They hassle you about any extended features (such as photo messaging), but they don't care who's phone you're using on their network.

Which is exactly as it should be. If you own the phone and ESN, there is no legitimate reason for a phone company to refuse to activate it. None, whatsoever. Their only reason is that you're keeping them from making a profit, because they can't force you into a contract if you already own your phone.

Cricket doesnt require contracts in the first place, so this is a moot point with them, which is precisely why they'll activate other carrier's ESN's.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGixxer
Did you try doing a goggle search for "PDA Bulk Lot" or something along those lines?

Doing a real quick search i found this
http://www.liquidation.com

http://cgi.liquidation.com/auction/v...&convertTo=USD
"Variety of PDAs from Palm, Tungsten & More - Over $20, 400 in Retail Value!" basically 102 pdas for $1200

Also found 95 Bluetooth Headsets for $100

I know its gay. But Sometimes on ebay people sell lists on where to buy bulk items.

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
"Actually, alltel, sprint and Verizon ONLY activate phones from within their own pool of ESN's.. It's been that way for YEARS. The only way to get another carrier's phone activated with these companies is if you have someone on the inside who can manually add an ESN to their database... "

Wrong, you said the ONLY way. Not the only way, for example, my old man has Alltel, and while their "policy" may be to only activate phones from within their own pool of ESN's, their system does not automatically lock them out. My dad wanted to hook up my Verizon i730 on his Alltel account. I manually programmed the phone for him, uploaded an Alltel PRL, and had him give Alltel my Verizon i730's ESN. Activated no problem, and we didn't have anyone on the inside. But try to take that same i730 to a physical store and have a rep there do what I did, and they'll tell you they can't do it. Did the same thing for my sister's Alltel account with an old Verizon 6700 I had. So again, not the "only" way...
Old 05-07-2007, 02:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2
"Actually, alltel, sprint and Verizon ONLY activate phones from within their own pool of ESN's.. It's been that way for YEARS. The only way to get another carrier's phone activated with these companies is if you have someone on the inside who can manually add an ESN to their database... "

Wrong, you said the ONLY way. Not the only way, for example, my old man has Alltel, and while their "policy" may be to only activate phones from within their own pool of ESN's, their system does not automatically lock them out. My dad wanted to hook up my Verizon i730 on his Alltel account. I manually programmed the phone for him, uploaded an Alltel PRL, and had him give Alltel my Verizon i730's ESN. Activated no problem, and we didn't have anyone on the inside. But try to take that same i730 to a physical store and have a rep there do what I did, and they'll tell you they can't do it. Did the same thing for my sister's Alltel account with an old Verizon 6700 I had. So again, not the "only" way...
1. If that's true, it goes against everything I've ever heard from other folks experiences. I'm not calling you a liar, but you are definitely the exception to the rules, based on stories I've heard.

2. Wasn't your point in your first post that I wouldn't be able to activate the phones on a competing service? If so, aren't you now contradicting that point?

I'm not flaming, I'm genuinely confused what poing you're tryng to get across...
Old 05-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Verizon is the toughest on the their policy.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Curve

CaptainJager is a n00b
Don't go to the store.

I took a friends Razr V3c from Verizon and has Verizon on the battery cover and it booted with Verizon startup screen and Icons including the sms/mms settings she had problems with it and wanted to know if I wanted it to mess around with it. She was out of contract and upgraded it to a V3m I called Alltel and they activated it no problem, as I wanted to see if there were problems with the phone or she had crappy signal. 1 week after I flashed it with a Alltel Monster file. No problems but I did not do this at a store. As for my old Alltel phone that I didnt like I gave to another friend who activated it on Verizon ( lost phone with 1 1/2 years left on contract). If you know what to change it will be ok. AND my Alltel phone(bought from an ALLTEL DEALER) had a sticker saying VERIZON with the software version inside the battery compartment, But had alltel software on it. As long as Both cell carriers have the same phone and I dont think ppc-6700 and xv-6700 are different just a name and different front cover(Read about someone that has the xv6700 and activated it on Alltel) You can do it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache