PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2006, 07:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1
is there any way to teether using the wifi on the phone?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
haha I knew the ? would araise soon, and I have been looking into it. As far as I know its possible, and I think u use pocketputty. I can't seem to figure it out tho...the reason I'm almost 100% sure its possible is because I read where one ppc had wifi and a group of ppc owners shared the one persons wifi connection via bluetooth with the rest. if anyone knows speak up, and if I find anything I will let ya know.
~mike
~mike

Old 09-24-2006, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
haha I knew the ? would araise soon, and I have been looking into it. As far as I know its possible, and I think u use pocketputty. I can't seem to figure it out tho...the reason I'm almost 100% sure its possible is because I read where one ppc had wifi and a group of ppc owners shared the one persons wifi connection via bluetooth with the rest. if anyone knows speak up, and if I find anything I will let ya know.
~mike
~mike
any update on this...?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
nope
Old 11-01-2006, 02:36 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just a data point - I actually needed this today, so I set it up for both USB and bluetooth - once again great info @ ppcgeeks

Speed results are pretty sweet for both:

using dslreports.com for speed test

speakeasy bluetooth:

speakeasy USB:

Not exactly 6M DSL, but it will do in a pinch
Old 11-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 3G
Carrier: ATT

stinky180 is a n00b
thanks for this great info... keep it up
Old 11-30-2006, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
i can only get up to 260kbps (max) when teethering, but when i use pdanet i get 2.4mbps anyone know why?
Old 11-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Founder & Owner

it has been stated that that's not ur actual speed, check it with dslreports bet u get the same speed.
~mike
Old 12-04-2006, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor
for anyone interested in setting up a USB modem in vista. The original driver WILL NOT work, this is a edited version that will work under vista

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=usb+modem
Old 12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Lurker

tahoeon22 is a n00b
i just tried setting this up with no luck, i got everything as it says, i have the modem on com 5 under modems in the control section, i run the exe and the name, password dial box pops up but the dial box is greyed out and wont let me>? any ideas were i went wrong.......thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache