PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2006, 07:11 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How much more memory do you get using the hard reset method? Anyone got a feel for that, lots more or just a little more, just wondering. Dose this method improve the performance of the PPC? Thanks
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Start menu and programs menu seem more snappy but I haven't got started on reinstalling most apps I had on it. I just have the basics installed right now. As for the more memory. Yea I say u save a extra 1mb or so. Not 100% postive tho because I didn't really compare before I hard reset.
~mike

Old 08-25-2006, 07:20 AM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Cool I thinks me guna try this weekend
Old 08-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Big I figured since u asked I would show u where my system set with just the basics minus mms hack. the shot of the memory is with nothing running except mb and screen capture program.
~mike

Old 08-25-2006, 09:05 AM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Been almost 5 months without a hard reset but you got me I think I am going to try this. No I am going to do this this weekend. It needs to be done any ways for a couple of resins. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
I am also planning to do a hard reset in a week or so. I am down to 14 mb on storage and 28 on program.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
did the hard reset method listed in first post. lets see. kinda wierds me out that there are so many cabs not being installed with this method. am i going to lose any functions>? mike did u try the method posted in the first post, just installing those 7 cabs?
Old 08-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Founder & Owner

yeap that's all I installed and haven't ran into any problems or anything not functioning correctly. But if I do I will track down what .ca was needed and will post. But so far its been smooth sailing.
~mike
Old 08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
so i've been having lockup problems all day. ill try to get it to come out of sleep mode and it wont go, do a softreset and have like 4 voicmails. really not that big of a deal except that when its locked up like tht i dont get text messages. tried it at workt today, it locked up and wouldnt come out of sleep so i had 2 different co-workers send me texts. when i soft reset the phone i never got any notification of a text and neither showed up in my inbox. hmmm. other than that everythings fine
Old 08-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Founder & Owner

ur talking about having these problems with the method I used? I mean I haven't had any problems with lock ups.
~mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache