PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio (XV6800, XV6700, Eris, Ally previously)
Carrier: Verizon

rokky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Broken USB / How to Flash from SD Card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachspda View Post
First of all you need a phone with WM5 on it and a 128mb card or larger. Then use MTTY to download the image to your card. You can do the radio, OD and the Ext_ROM but you have to do each on induvidually. Make sure you turn off activesyc. Put your phone into boot loader mode, start mtty, hit the usb button, enter then enter one of the following d2s 60000000 00800000 is for the radio; d2s 70100000 04000000 is for the OS and d2s 74100000 00a00000 is for the EXT_ROM. once you enter those on Mtty it will download each one to a card. You have to flash each rom induvidually. Copy it down from the one with wm5 then copy it to the other one with wm6. So radio - radio, ext-rom - ext_rom and os - os. To flash them up you just put the sd card into the wm6 phone and put it in boot loader wait for it to say to flash your phone them push the power button. and once you have done each of them you have two matching phones.
OK, so can I go the other way - from a WM6 phone to a WM5 that I cannot upgrade via USB (RUU never gets response from bootloader)? I have a beat up 6700 (no audio) that flashed like a champ with the Helmi_C kitchen and buildos, but the "nice" one I just got on eBay hangs in the bootloader. I upgraded it from a 2005 stock ROM to VZW's AKU3 with their downloaded ROM upgrade no problem, but buildos just cannot get it to connect after it initiates the bootloader (v1.04).

TIA,
Rokky
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Lurker

rokky is a n00b

Actually, I did wind up trying this with going from the WM6 6700 to the WM5 unit, and lo and behold, now they are both WM 6'ers - WOOHOO!

FWIW, I only copied the ROM (d2s 70100000 04000000) onto the mini-SD card, since the radio was already newer on the WM5 unit, and the Ext ROM has exactly the same files.

HTH,
Rokky
Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Lurker

rokky is a n00b

Well, that turned out be a very lame update - lots of stuff did not work correctly, but some more searching finally turned up the clue I needed to get BuildOS/Helmi_c to update my phone:
Here's the "REAL SCOOP": In BuildOS setup, I had to set "Rev/OS type" to the v.1.04 option (for my bootloader version), and then I got a good flashing setup as a result, although that was with a USB connection so not much help to this thread - sorry. See http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...778#post386778 for more details if you are interested anyway.

I did get "something" with the min-SD card update, but it needs a good deal more refinement it seems to be really usable. Good luck.

Last edited by rokky; 08-19-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

jimgale is a n00b

If anyone is reading this because their USB connection broke, like mine did, and don't want to pay for a new one (not that they exist in cheap form either), I found an excellent solution. www.PocketPCTechs.com - I just got my phone back today (gone for less than a week) where they fixed my USB connection for $60 + $10 shipping FedEx. While there, they found my camera button broken (I forgot to tell them about that) and they fixed it.

Compared to my other only option for buying for $110 and soldering a new USB connector from another place myself (I'm here for software, not hardware), I'm very happy with their service.

Now onto finding the latest kitchen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache