PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

MrHappy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
My buddie who has a 6700 used some WD-40 and did the whole plug-in-plug-out a dozen times or so and got it un-stuck...

You still may want to have the unit replaced but it worked for him.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Try inserting the headset plug into the headset port on the bottom of the phone. Can you hear the sounds through there? Then try unplugging it and plugging it back in and see if you can get your sounds back that way. Sometimes that port gets something "stuck" and fools the phone into thinking the headset is plugged in when it really isn't (which mutes the speaker).

However, with that said, my very first 6700 (bought in late September 05) had its speaker die and had to be replaced. I was so sad to see it go too because it was one of the old "red logo" versions with the white keyboard backlight instead of blue. So much better, but you gotta have a speaker!

Good luck.
This is happening to me as we speak. Earlier today my phone was working great; tonight it only works if I have my headset plugged into it.

I've tried plugging / unplugging to no avail. I'm heated because it looks like I'll have to take it to the sprint store tomorrow which means I have to put the sprint rom back AND try like hell to get my Invisible Shield (full body) off.

I am NOT a happy camper right now; there's other stuff that I need to be doing; not this.

Funny thing though, all other sounds works perfectly; its just the phone app Im having problems with.

EDITED: I just realized that I shouldnt have posted here because of the title. Installing a new rom had nothing to do with my external speaker not working.

On another note, I previously said that I could hear other sounds; just not the phone - well, 86 that too. EVERYTHING only comes through the headset.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Dagger969 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969
I just wanted to add myself to the list. I can hear *everything* through the headphones and nothing through the phone itself. I was using Helmi's WM6 and after some text message problems, I reinstalled WM6 and the sound stopped working. I have tried using the original sprint rom a few times to no avail.

EDIT: I guess I'm just I'm just trying to bump this in case there has been any headway on this.

Last edited by Dagger969; 09-16-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Claro

migue2078 is a n00b
Hello every one, I had the same problem, but i read the explanation of Luv2chill (thank you for the advice) and probe my headset, in which it was listening to sound but not in the speaker. What I did was to reproduce a long sound (as of 1 minute) and the plug of the handset introduced and to extract approximately 12 times, until I listen to sound in the speaker, apparently there is blocked the sound of some form and only form it is liberated.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache

Notorious K.I.P. is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Notorious K.I.P. Send a message via Yahoo to Notorious K.I.P.
I have been having the same problem (Sound through the headset, but not the speaker).

I hate to confuse correlation & causation however, it is a bit odd that we are all having this problem.

I was able to get my speaker to work by pushing the headset in part way until I heard sound through the headset & then removing the headset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache