PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff
Jbabey You Rock!

I've tried about 3 different ROM from other users and yours by far is the most stable. Thanks for all your help.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
flix messaging worked!

it worked! it worked! you dont know how long i have been trying to fix this! sorry for the explanation marks but i sent a flix message and i got it back. you dont know how happy i am now. thank you so much you made my week! you are incredible! thank you again.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
ya this one is indeed the best ROM.

Hey JBabey - how about compessing every .dll and .exe in the ROM (even the \windows ones) with that upx thingy?

....which, interestingly, brings me to something else. Someone said that when these files are compressed with UPX, that once they load into memory that they're uncompressed again. I'm not seeing this behavor - which of course results in my ppc going a hell of a lot faster and being able to run a few more proggys at the same time.

Hey how about the Yahoo!Go! thingy? Or OctroTalk or Skype in this one?

....and the today-screen plugins for the resco thing dont work on this 'fixed' version of it - perhaps you could use an older 5.32 version of it so we can have our today plugin back?

...and oooh pdanet thing is cool too!

...and oh yeah can this new ROM feed my cat too please?
Old 03-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

well that was short lived. i tried to send another MMS message (pix or flix) and now when i click new, 2 lines go up and down like something is opening, then nothing happens. doesnt freeze, just nothing. so i uninstalled the MMS i had installed and i noticed it didnt remove the MMS, its still there when i go to messages. somehow the other MMS in the verizon ext rom installed itself. my phone is possessed. gonna try to flash again and when i get home remove that MMS from the Ext rom. what a bummer.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

well that was short lived. i tried to send another MMS message (pix or flix) and now when i click new, 2 lines go up and down like something is opening, then nothing happens. doesnt freeze, just nothing. so i uninstalled the MMS i had installed and i noticed it didnt remove the MMS, its still there when i go to messages. somehow the other MMS in the verizon ext rom installed itself. my phone is possessed. gonna try to flash again and when i get home remove that MMS from the Ext rom. what a bummer.

just noticed...it works after a hard reset, but as soon as i soft reset...the new button no long works. any new ideas? so close i can taste it!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

this was posted in "MMS messages wont play video" post by Com32...mean anything? i tried it, the menu now comes up but doesnt do anything.

I might have fixed the issue that friguy3 noticed with the arcsoft MMS that seemed to come up right after this flash.

I was digging around in the registry after installing "Signed_MMS3.0.6.22_Apache_VZW_26Sep05" and i found that all the entries for the "new" button point to a key called "mms1". but the real ones where at "mms". so i renamed "mms1" to "mms2" (as a backup) then renamed "mms" to "mms1"... hit the exit button on PHM reg edit, restarted... all of a sudden POOF you hit the new button and the menu comes up.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\
^is where all the magic took place...
Old 03-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

FlyBoyUak is a n00b
How do I change the time on the O2 Last Call thing on the today FROM Military time?

I hate military time.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyUak
How do I change the time on the O2 Last Call thing on the today FROM Military time?
You don't. Sorry mate.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
I am having a few text message issues. I love the text app even though it doesnt sent picturemail directly even through it. The problem when I send a text message to someone who didnt send me a text first, it doesnt get to them. But if they text me everything i've said so far get sent all at once.

Now to clarify I am not roaming and I have The Sprint ppc. The program works fine to forward or reply all messages. When composing new I get a major lag.

The app does not freeze and it doesnt give me an error.

Can anyone shed some light?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie
ya this one is indeed the best ROM.

Hey JBabey - how about compessing every .dll and .exe in the ROM (even the \windows ones) with that upx thingy?

....which, interestingly, brings me to something else. Someone said that when these files are compressed with UPX, that once they load into memory that they're uncompressed again. I'm not seeing this behavor - which of course results in my ppc going a hell of a lot faster and being able to run a few more proggys at the same time.

Hey how about the Yahoo!Go! thingy? Or OctroTalk or Skype in this one?

....and the today-screen plugins for the resco thing dont work on this 'fixed' version of it - perhaps you could use an older 5.32 version of it so we can have our today plugin back?

...and oooh pdanet thing is cool too!

...and oh yeah can this new ROM feed my cat too please?

UPX'ing things is actually a little complicated, the file created is compressed, you cant run a compressed exe, so the phone unloads (unzips) if you will, the entire file into memory, its REALLY fast because its loading out of RAM, your storage memory is a little different than the phones RAM. once the application is closed it dumps itself out of the RAM. The reason you cant do that with all of the OS files is because you would run out of RAM and hard-lock the phone, aside from the OS deciding that certain things in RAM are no longer needed and closing them off to make more memory for currently launched applications. Ive been able to save over 5 megs by compressing items down, but i need a while to ensure that the phone is still stable with those compressed programs loaded. So goes the testing process of 9.5 ><

skype is over 7 megs, and even compressed the program is just over 5. i would love to find a way to cram it in there but its quite a massive file!

yahooGO is great..... if you use yahoo ><

what is PDA.NET thing? what is octro ? why would those benefit all of us ?

here kitty kitty kitty..... here kitty..........

Quote:
this was posted in "MMS messages wont play video" post by Com32...mean anything? i tried it, the menu now comes up but doesnt do anything.

I might have fixed the issue that friguy3 noticed with the arcsoft MMS that seemed to come up right after this flash.

I was digging around in the registry after installing "Signed_MMS3.0.6.22_Apache_VZW_26Sep05" and i found that all the entries for the "new" button point to a key called "mms1". but the real ones where at "mms". so i renamed "mms1" to "mms2" (as a backup) then renamed "mms" to "mms1"... hit the exit button on PHM reg edit, restarted... all of a sudden POOF you hit the new button and the menu comes up.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\
^is where all the magic took place...
noice find, ill dig through the reg file and look for what your talking about, if its something i can correct in the CAB file that runs, ill update it for the next release, do you know the specific keys you changed ? or just that they are all under Svc ? ---glad you were able to track that down.

Quote:
I am having a few text message issues. I love the text app even though it doesnt sent picturemail directly even through it. The problem when I send a text message to someone who didnt send me a text first, it doesnt get to them. But if they text me everything i've said so far get sent all at once.

Now to clarify I am not roaming and I have The Sprint ppc. The program works fine to forward or reply all messages. When composing new I get a major lag.

The app does not freeze and it doesnt give me an error.

Can anyone shed some light?
that is bizzare, check to see that your MSID is programmed correctly, you should not be having those types of issues at all. Also double check your roaming setting (i know your not roaming) but that setting can sometimes go to "Automatic" and when its like that, if you roam over to verizon's network, it wont show that your on roam because they are digital roam partners with sprint. So change that from "Automatic" to "Sprint Only". the application interfaces with outlookSMS so your phones SMS functionality sounds broken even w/out my ROM. Anyways check your MSID & your roam setting and let me know.

Quote:
chmreader.net --> http://www.codeproject.com/netcf/CHMReaderNet.asp
This lets you read .chm files - since I'm a systems analysist I often need to read help files and chm ebooks - quite handy. If you know anything else (free) that lets me read chm files I'm all for it. Not sure which was the last AKU that it worked on....but it seems like it worked on sar's 3.3.
i dont have an account to download the files, shoot me the cab files for this so i can look into the issue further.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache