PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 01:52 PM
N00b

GaRsNoW is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong.

Im getting the following error:
Error 150: Rom Upgrade Utility Error
This ROM upgrade utility does not design for your device. Please get proper ROM upgrade utility and try again!

WTF? I downloaded the link in the first post....
Old 03-06-2007, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
Sounds like you are not putting your phone in bootloader mode....
Old 03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
N00b

GaRsNoW is a n00b
Ok, i got my problem taken care of. BUT, nothing happens to my phone....

I did everything. Hard reset, put phone into bootloader mode, when i plugged in it said usb, ran the aku 3.5, and it said congrats blah blah blah. Took my phone out, did a hard reset, and im still running 2.06...? So I did it again, and still the same. What gives?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

n4cer is a n00b
Basic info on this rom please

Hi,

Sounds like a lot of work went into this on behalf of a lot of people....Thank you.

I have the Sprint PPC6700 and would like to try this rom to get the WM6 experience. I can hold my own but am not hugely tech savy regarding the PPC6700 and am not knowledgable at all ref cooking roms.

Once installed is there anything special that I have to do if the phone needs to be reset, i.e. bootloader mode.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, will this rom sync with the built in Windows Mobile Device Center? If not, what should I use and where do I get it?

I have copied the instructions listed in the original post, is there anything special I have to do after I have installed the rom to ensure it works properly?

If I need to return to the original Sprint rom (for in-store device service purposes or insurance replacement) that came on my PPC6700, where would I get it. I'm sure they would freak out if they saw WM6 on there. What is the name / number of the stock Sprint rom.

Bottom line....should a guy like me attempt this upgrade or should I just leave well enough alone?

Thanks very much....you guys rock!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Matrix is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by basian2001
And also for those computer expert out there. How do make Microsoft Outlook so that every time i close ( X button) it, it would go to the system tray?
With Outlook open, right click on it's icon in the system tray and check "Hide When Minimized". From then on you can just minimize Outlook and it will go to the system tray.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
Re: Basic info on this rom please

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4cer
Hi,

Sounds like a lot of work went into this on behalf of a lot of people....Thank you.

I have the Sprint PPC6700 and would like to try this rom to get the WM6 experience. I can hold my own but am not hugely tech savy regarding the PPC6700 and am not knowledgable at all ref cooking roms.

Once installed is there anything special that I have to do if the phone needs to be reset, i.e. bootloader mode.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, will this rom sync with the built in Windows Mobile Device Center? If not, what should I use and where do I get it?

I have copied the instructions listed in the original post, is there anything special I have to do after I have installed the rom to ensure it works properly?

If I need to return to the original Sprint rom (for in-store device service purposes or insurance replacement) that came on my PPC6700, where would I get it. I'm sure they would freak out if they saw WM6 on there. What is the name / number of the stock Sprint rom.

Bottom line....should a guy like me attempt this upgrade or should I just leave well enough alone?

Thanks very much....you guys rock!!!
Not sure you can install this on a Vista PC. I think the installer requires XP.

The official Sprint AKU is here: http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads/...0_WWE_Ship.exe
Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

n4cer is a n00b
I'm running XP via virtual pc on my vista based desktop. I think I should be able to run it from the virtual XP.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Don't know if I missed this somewhere or not but with 3.5 can I not stream music through my bluetooth headset anymore?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Lurker

Jim Shoe is a n00b
I haven't tried this rom yet. But I am really new. Anyway when I install this will it work for verizon? Or are there other things I need to download to make this work for verizon?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Inferno is a n00b
I loaded this ROM last night and have no issues. Suprisingly, even my ## codes still work. I have a generic 6700 unit. THe only issue I notice is with all my navigation programs and 3.5 the onscreen keyboard moves half way up the screen when it is displayed. I have to close the GPS app and then goto landscape and then back to portrait mode for it to work right again.I actually think that is something I can live with. This ROM also seemed to be very light on my device too. After install it was using less then 3MB of storage which was perfect and got my MSN back . Nice work Jeff.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache