PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 10:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tortuous801 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You might want to know... 6700 in stock

My 6700 died and i finally got it into the repair center. They say there are still 6700's in the warehouse so that's what I'll be getting as a replacement.

I had called asurion and they also have them in stock.

I'm not sure if the sprint repair center uses their stock or not but I guess i saved 50$ by not going through the insurance company..

One question though... I thought that sprint wouldn't leave you hanging without a phone if it needed replacement. Is it normal that they made me wait the 3-5 biz days for a phone to come in the mail? I was under the impression that if you took your phone in and it wasn't water damage that they would replace the phone the same day.. any input on this?

thanks
Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

viper15c is a n00b
Re: You might want to know... 6700 in stock

it would be nice if everyone could get as lucky as me. The way my story goes is my joystick broke so i took it to the sprint store. they said that they would order me one and to come back in one week. i came back and low and behold they didnt order ****. so the cs gave me a 6800 that some guy had returned because he didnt like it.

also little did i mention that i bought the 6700 that way a week earlier and when i talked to customer service i complained that they didnt add insurance to the phone when i started my plan lol. some people are just dumb
Old 06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Yea I think all that stuff on replacements to a 68 is just a "Hit and Miss".

On the wait for replacement I also had a freind that waited a couple of days for the replacement to come in the mail. Dont know what is the deal on that issue without a phone till the replacement comes in.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 06-09-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

Ok, I just got my 6700 replaced with a 6800. Original phone (itself a replacement, but over 1 year old) had a bad joystick, took it in for replacement. Once i got the refurb'ed 6700 home, I realized that the digitizer was bad in the SIP area and made the block recognizer unusable, so I took it back. This was on a friday evening, they replaced it with yet another refurb. As it was the weekend, I didn't pair up my headset immediately. Well, Sunday night I discovered that the bluetooth didn't work.. It would pair and connect, but no audio would transmit. Plus the digitizer was wonky on this one as well. Rather than go back to the store and exchange it for yet another broken refurb I called customer service and explained the problem with the phone. I've the extended warranty on the phone, so they told me that since this was the third replacement (in a week!) they would upgrade me to a 6800. Which they did and which I am now hacking the ****ens out of... :> So the key seems to be a number of replacements within a short time. Of course it helps that I have 5 lines and a ridiculously expensive plan...
Old 06-09-2008, 08:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tortuous801 is a n00b

I just went in today and they gave me a wrapped up refurb 6700. It has some loctite or some other kind of glue on some of the seams and seems to have some pretty slow response time.. when I switch from landscape to portrait view it takes about 5 seconds to register which direction to go when using the d controller.. we'll see how this one works out.. if not I'll try for an upgrade
Old 06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW: Touch Pro2, Titan, Vogue, and Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mdjkim is just getting started

Upgrade to a 6800. It's so much better in many ways...
Old 06-10-2008, 07:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tortuous801 is a n00b

well had it for a day now... something is up with the screen.. it seems like there is dust or something beneath the surface.. it looks faded and at any angle other than directly in front of you the screen is unreadable.. it seems to run a bit better with wm6 on it... not getting the same lag as i mentioned in a prev post but i think i'm gonna go for an upgrade..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache