PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: The Cell phone company

Taurus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So which is the "REAL" stable 3.5?????

In the WAR of who releases a working ROM , which is the real and most stable 3.5?

I know of the released 3.3 by Helmi_c which spawned other custom ROMs from it and has been made a sticky but trying to find a plain vanilla 3.5 with the fixes is close to impossible now with everyone claiming theirs is "IT"

If there is one out there could it be made a sticky?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n900
Carrier: tmobile

konceptz is a n00b
There are a number of fixes that are in current testing stages.

Plain vanilla is available on the FTP or from the "Custom Roms -Compiled for you" thread.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

josh33_unc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to josh33_unc Send a message via MSN to josh33_unc Send a message via Yahoo to josh33_unc
im with this poster
Old 02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Actually, the whole series of topics around the 'Unified Rom Project' are talking about making such a beast. Right now, it does not exist.

My personal self-built rom based on the 3.5 kitchen is more stable then 3.3, and more stable but less functional then wideawake's 2.2 - by that I mean where it does work, it works flawlessly. Where it doesn't, it doesn't.

There are two known problems that have no current solution or workaround
* no way to tether via bluetooth (BTDUN went away in 3.x, BTPAN still does not work)
* something is twitchy in .NET + Contacts for Windows Live Search and other apps.

There are other issues that have viable workarounds.

Any other 3.5 stability isseues are probably because of the bundled software in these custom roms, or fixes that cause other issues, or phases of the moon, or whatever.

Anyway, stay tuned, the Great Bug Free 3.5 Release (or maybe 3.3, I think that's still up in the air) is being created.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

Ultima is keeping up the good workUltima is keeping up the good work
Really the only thing that is buggy in 3.5 (that isnt in 3.3) is the Live search deal. The BT tethering doesnt work in 3.3 either.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Lurker

deejaycaius is a n00b
I have found that fighting to get activesync to connect like it should via USB is not worth it so I have gone back to 3.3.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Is there any excuse/reason I can tell my "common sense" side of my brain , to switch from 3.3 to 3.5?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134
Is there any excuse/reason I can tell my "common sense" side of my brain , to switch from 3.3 to 3.5?
Just for the fun of it. also, you might be able to see something that others havent seen in trying to fix issues. Shed a new light on things. The new icons also look real good.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
Quote:
Originally Posted by naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134
Just for the fun of it. also, you might be able to see something that others havent seen in trying to fix issues. Shed a new light on things. The new icons also look real good.
Precisely! Go for the plunge Maxx
Old 02-22-2007, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
yep

That answers my question on why I can't get Bluetooth DUN to work since I upgraded to the empty 3.5

Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I don't want to go back to 2.2 when this 3.5 is sooooo much faster and nicer and cooler....

I too hope its fixed and just want an empty 3.5. (or newer if that comes around). I have all the apps I need and I do like this empty 3.5 that was posted when it first came out. Skipped the Sprint software install and all is good soo far. (-DUN)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache