PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Matrix is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've been using saridnour's ROM and it's NOT stable on my XV6700. Many times I've been unable to answer incoming calls, due to the fact that it locks. What will happen is the call notification will popup, I'll try to answer, the phone will keep ringing, and the notification will NEVER go away until I reboot. Frustrating.

Maybe I'll try 3.3 one of these days, but regardless, 3.x is much better than 2.2 - especially the fact that I can now type without losing keypresses!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
matrix why ru not using verizonguys rom? it works well but Im having couple issues.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice

saridnour is a n00b
Matrix: this issueus your talking about is usualy caused by an app that tries to manage a data connection. Most of the weather apps will do this if you allow them to manage your connection. Turn this off (their mangement of the data connection) and it should stop. It has something to do with it going to suspend and not checking, then when it awakes from a call it imediatly tries to connect and causes the un-resoncive phone app. I had this with sbsh weather and it was a known issue back in the aku 2 days. I would not have to reset though as after the call ended, I would be able to get back into the phone app. It was frustrationg until I found out what caused it. Also there are no other users reporting an issue like this, other than those with the data issue (weather apps). If no weather apps, you may want to check your 3rd party apps as one odf then may be comflicting or having a similar issue. Just an FYI

-saridnour
Old 02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Jmckinney1976 is keeping up the good workJmckinney1976 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Jmckinney1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
I've been using saridnour's ROM and it's NOT stable on my XV6700. Many times I've been unable to answer incoming calls, due to the fact that it locks. What will happen is the call notification will popup, I'll try to answer, the phone will keep ringing, and the notification will NEVER go away until I reboot. Frustrating.

Maybe I'll try 3.3 one of these days, but regardless, 3.x is much better than 2.2 - especially the fact that I can now type without losing keypresses!
I'm running Saridnour's 3.5 ROM and mine is the most stable it's ever been and I've tried almost all the ROMs out there. Like Saridnour said, you must have another program that is causing your problems.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 - TMOUS
Carrier: T-Mobile

DopeWeasel is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix

I had the same experience... moved over to AlwaysBelieve's 3.5 and I find it MUCH more stable. The improvements over 2.2 are well worth the few bugs in 3.5.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
I see what your talking about. I was trying to capture this in my post.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/assorted-rom-flavors-t3031.html

I guess Ill go ahead and do the work. I was reluctant because the authors wouldn't be able to update as necessary. It leaves me having to follow every ROM build for updates and them keep the list updated.

The suggestion was to use the wiki. Now that is a good idea. Ill start the list with what we have to work with now. But I cant keep it updated.

-Nick
Old 02-23-2007, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: The Cell phone company
Threadstarter

Taurus is just getting started
Thanks everyone for your comments, and Thank you for all those currently working on the 3.5 ROM. I just wanted a plain ROM to either make my own mods or leave as is and it looks like the closest to this is ImCokeMan/Helmi_C version.

I sure hope the mentioned project goes forth and becomes available, there are some great minds and knowledgeable people here and if everyone puts their heads together and information I am sure it can be accomplished even with xbow.

Thanks again for the custom ROM everyone, and I did not mean to imply that your work is not appreciated, I was just a little confused with fixes here and there and some had and some don't.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache