PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint 6700!!!!

Alucard69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know the 6700 isn't made for games but....

I have been testing what it is capable of so I got a hold of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Call of Duty, and Doom. Its obvious that these games are better left to gaming handhelds. Either way I got a consistant problem in each game, whenever I touch the screen the game appears to lag. The FPS drop quite a bit from just touching the screen. I was using WM6.1 from Helmi's Kitchen, I deleted all startup apps and got my Ram up to 30MB so Tony Hawk had the 28MB it required. No matter what setting I put it in it Low graphics, Medium or High it still had the lag. I even installed XCpuScalar and overclocked to 520Mhz to make sure I met the minimum 500mhz speed. Call of duty had the same issue. Also Doom even. I decided maybe its 6.1 so I went back to the most up to date Official UTStarCom WM5 update. After it updated (downgraded) back. I installed Tony Hawk Again and same thing. Its very noticable cause you use the screen for Jump, grind, flip and kick.

Can anyone verify if this is just me or the 6700 has an issue?

Also I like to add I don't think that HTC Preformance app works for the Apache cause I can enable to 624 and my preformance doesn't seem to increase but the second I enable it in XCpuScalar my device freezes. If I use 520 in XCpuScalar instead I can feel the preformance increase.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: I know the 6700 isn't made for games but....

Try Pocket Hack Master
Old 03-24-2008, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G (still have touch pro)
Carrier: sprint

saecrow is just getting started

I seem to remember a while back, either here or on pdaphonehome someone pointed out that using the stylus (tapping the screen or using on screen keyboard) caused a noticable spike in "system resources" as compared to using the buttons / physical keyboard, which led them to believe battery life would be decreased quicker (which i believe was the topic of the post). . . if this is the case, that could be what is creating the lag during the game, since the processor is already working hard to render the graphics, and then it's taxed even more by a screen tap. does this ring a bell with anyone?
saecrow
Old 03-24-2008, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

frenchie is a n00b

I know this is off topic, but what are you using to play doom? Every port I've used is utter crap (not recognizing button presses, no landscape support, etc).
Old 03-29-2008, 04:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Alucard69 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
I know this is off topic, but what are you using to play doom? Every port I've used is utter crap (not recognizing button presses, no landscape support, etc).
The Doom for the Dell Axim port by the same guy that is porting the OpenGL version with Intell 2700 and Goforce 5500 support. I will try and find a like for you. All the buttons work but you have to use the screen to turn and stuff and it doesn't work right.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Alucard69 is a n00b

http://kokak.free.fr/DoomPPCB04b.zip

This is a direct link to the Doom I used in my test.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache