View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Alucard69
Lurker

Alucard69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know the 6700 isn't made for games but....

I have been testing what it is capable of so I got a hold of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Call of Duty, and Doom. Its obvious that these games are better left to gaming handhelds. Either way I got a consistant problem in each game, whenever I touch the screen the game appears to lag. The FPS drop quite a bit from just touching the screen. I was using WM6.1 from Helmi's Kitchen, I deleted all startup apps and got my Ram up to 30MB so Tony Hawk had the 28MB it required. No matter what setting I put it in it Low graphics, Medium or High it still had the lag. I even installed XCpuScalar and overclocked to 520Mhz to make sure I met the minimum 500mhz speed. Call of duty had the same issue. Also Doom even. I decided maybe its 6.1 so I went back to the most up to date Official UTStarCom WM5 update. After it updated (downgraded) back. I installed Tony Hawk Again and same thing. Its very noticable cause you use the screen for Jump, grind, flip and kick.

Can anyone verify if this is just me or the 6700 has an issue?

Also I like to add I don't think that HTC Preformance app works for the Apache cause I can enable to 624 and my preformance doesn't seem to increase but the second I enable it in XCpuScalar my device freezes. If I use 520 in XCpuScalar instead I can feel the preformance increase.