PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

nobrakes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After the aku3.3 upgrade, when recieving picture mail, it will only send me to the sprint site but does not show the picture. BTW palm messaging works without any hacks, just had to change 2 folder names
Old 01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphan

Too bad the palm threaded sms got pulled, I really wanted to check that out.
While you can find it on the web, it will mess up your system something fierce if you want to remove it unless you have a full backup and it overwrites files required by the OS.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700
Carrier: Cricket

jschurawlow is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jschurawlow
Anyone able to find a working functional workaround to the bluetooth suspend issue? There was a registry setting posted in the apache boards here but when adding that DWORD value it ends up making the 6700 all but useless on soft reset (thing was sooo slow it would of taken ages to just get that setting out, ended up hard resetting and restoring an spb backup I did yesterday).
Old 01-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Lurker

darkphan is a n00b
AKU3.3 on my Sprint 6700 is working awesome so far, except for one issue. I can not seem to get it to act as a modem via bluetooth. I see that there are a few others with the same issue, hopefully there will be a fix soon.

It does seem that the device is missing something, because when I pair it with my mac it does not have the "Access the internet with your phones data connection" selection when you setup the device, it only has the "Use device as a headset for this computer"
Old 01-20-2007, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Can someone with a pop3 acct. please reset your device and tell me if the acct. gets deleted. I want to know if it is just me or everyone.....Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this? Thanks.
Can it have something to do with my Extended_Rom2 not being hidden? How would I go about hiding it???
Old 01-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
As a total noob when it comes to these AKUs, everything went as smooth as butter first time through. not 1 problem with anything at all. I previously had 2.0 prior to this. This devic is now really fast!

Every single program installed to SD card, (still left me with 10.5mb on internal though) and trying to crash it with my today plugins will not work. I repeatedly high power on/off and device does not hang. That right there was the final straw for me to upgrade, hate having the system hang EVERYDAY!

Good thing I read to save contacts via Active sync because I did so and was much needed! My system is 90percent back to the way it was before upgrade (10percent for some minor regedits, and settings) but not it is just more stable and faster! love the quicker boots from coming from 2.0 lol.

Maybe its the way I did my process that allowed everything 100 percent problem free installation? All these problems is what scared me to do it.

1. Slightly modified Stock Ext Rom (NEW PIC 2 PROGRAMS DELETED)

2. AKU 2.0

3. Flashed and held power and soft reset (Device still had slow boot from 2.0)
Setup Device then Ext Rom loaded, device had some changes but all old data remained so I hit Clear Storage program

4. After Setup Device again Ext Rom loaded again and system full changover to 3.3

5. Installed all programs back, Sync contacts, favorites back. Everything went as normal. I did no renaming of files as I read about, voicemail still had set on number 1 (Zphone skins installed)Smart Dialer still works.

upon getting into boot loader, I had a screen that was dark and said serial and then 2.02 at bottom. I just stuck the usb cable in and serial now became usb, flashed. afterwards a dark screen appeared said completed. Held power and soft reset.

just putting what I did out there, just incase it helps anyone since I am without any problems whatsoever.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700
Carrier: Cricket

jschurawlow is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jschurawlow
Ok another update on a bug present (was also seeing this issue in the aku2.2 custom rom).

On the start menu some apps will periodically show as dos/generic icons and not display the correct program icon. (it appears thus far that it's only ones installed to the SD card).

EDIT: taking out apachehax to see if it's possible that any of those registry edits might be having a hand in the bluetooth problem I'm seeing.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

teevah is a n00b
was having problem with the pop3 also... did another hard reset and did ot install palm messaging and now pop3 stays. I am having a problem now with the storage card not showing up most of the time and then sometimes very sluggish
Old 01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschurawlow
On the start menu some apps will periodically show as dos/generic icons and not display the correct program icon. (it appears thus far that it's only ones installed to the SD card).
This may go hand in hand with the phone not seeing the SD card at all times - not sure why - sometimes when going to file explorer it is there - sometimes not. Wasn't an issue before - must be a new glitch.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
eman, my pop3 survives soft resets.

I have had my SD card disappear at times too. Working on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache