View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Hayabusa1300cc
Regular 'Geeker

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
As a total noob when it comes to these AKUs, everything went as smooth as butter first time through. not 1 problem with anything at all. I previously had 2.0 prior to this. This devic is now really fast!

Every single program installed to SD card, (still left me with 10.5mb on internal though) and trying to crash it with my today plugins will not work. I repeatedly high power on/off and device does not hang. That right there was the final straw for me to upgrade, hate having the system hang EVERYDAY!

Good thing I read to save contacts via Active sync because I did so and was much needed! My system is 90percent back to the way it was before upgrade (10percent for some minor regedits, and settings) but not it is just more stable and faster! love the quicker boots from coming from 2.0 lol.

Maybe its the way I did my process that allowed everything 100 percent problem free installation? All these problems is what scared me to do it.

1. Slightly modified Stock Ext Rom (NEW PIC 2 PROGRAMS DELETED)

2. AKU 2.0

3. Flashed and held power and soft reset (Device still had slow boot from 2.0)
Setup Device then Ext Rom loaded, device had some changes but all old data remained so I hit Clear Storage program

4. After Setup Device again Ext Rom loaded again and system full changover to 3.3

5. Installed all programs back, Sync contacts, favorites back. Everything went as normal. I did no renaming of files as I read about, voicemail still had set on number 1 (Zphone skins installed)Smart Dialer still works.

upon getting into boot loader, I had a screen that was dark and said serial and then 2.02 at bottom. I just stuck the usb cable in and serial now became usb, flashed. afterwards a dark screen appeared said completed. Held power and soft reset.

just putting what I did out there, just incase it helps anyone since I am without any problems whatsoever.