PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700
Carrier: Cricket

jschurawlow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jschurawlow
Quote:
Bluetooth and SDCard Suspend Fix
Both Bluetooth and the SD Card are turned off when the unit suspends. This can cause a loss of Bluetooth connectivity if using a BT headset, or crash the system entirely if running an application from the SD card. To correct this, the following registry modifications tell the OS to put these devices on active low-power standby, allowing them to be used when needed:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\Suspend]
"btl1:"=dword:00000002
"dsk1:"=dword:00000002

btl1 is the device name for the Bluetooth radio, and dsk1 is the device name for the SD memory card. For more device information, see HKLM\Devices\Active.

Alternatively, power management for Bluetooth can be disabled completely using the following registry mod (NOTE: this may adversely affect your battery life):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Bluetooth device\Parms]
"DisablePowerManagement"=dword:00000001

NOTE: The above hacks have been proven to work, but won't keep the buggy Bluetooth stack from occasionalloy crashing, which is a whole different issue. I only experience that once every other day or so, however. If you can't figure this out, just a reminder - do not email me. I really could care less about your inability to show off to your nerd girlfriend by hacking her phone, and if you fall flat miserably on your face, don't come crying to me about it.
EDIT: additional elaboration:

when adding in the two following entries be sure you set it up as such:

"btl1:"=dword:00000002
"dsk1:"=dword:00000002

the "btl1:" goes in as the description (1st box), then dword:00000002 for the value. For some reason if you do it as a straight dword value it may cause the 6700 to hang/run severely slow upon soft reset as it had done to me.

What I had done was added in it as a new registry value. In Resco registry you also have the ability to add specific dword registry strings (DO NOT try that method, first time I accidentially did such, had to hard reset and restore my spb backup exe). Also just in case of accident for anyone being lazy do MAKE sure you backup 1st! (else you might not have the easy way out of just restoring everything with one exe vs having to redo it all from scratch)
Old 01-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
Am I the only one having issues with installing Goodlink on this new AKU 3.3? Myself and a friend are getting an error that says my account has already been installed on another phone and my co-worker's install gets stuck at 95%. So that's 3 of us on 2 different Goodlink servers and Sprint as well as VZW.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Verizon XV6700, install smooth, issues I've seen

I'm a Verizon XV6700 user; took the plunge tonight and loaded 3.3. The install went smoothly once I told Activesync not to sync via USB before I loaded the flash utility.

After loading 3.3 I did a hard reset and skipped the VZW customizations entirely (I always do this). I did the Pics & Videos fix (worked fine) and installed .NET CF 2.0 from the CAB installer. I do know how to properly hard reset, since that has come up a few times.

Machine works fine, very stable so far. I installed some other apps:

Handyswitcher
Onlock
Startclean
iGuidance 3.01
Resco Explorer + Registry Plugin + FTP plugin
Resco Picture Viewer
MS Voice Command 1.6
CEdit
PocketXPDF
SPB Backup

Also paired my Samsung WEP200 BT headset.

Editing my post:

After playing around with this (more details will follow as I troubleshoot and get more information), I think all of my issues probably relate to installing .NET CF2 at the wrong time (after other apps) and who knows what else. Sometimes things just appear to go wonky on this phone.

1. Audio gateway not closing on the headset - after re-flashing this is ok now. I suspect maybe when I flashed before I had installed MSVC 1.6 and then .NET CF2 afterward, maybe something got messed up here. It's working now.

2. [edit: people have noted below that the icons in connection manager are always lit up green when activesync push is enabled; this is correct so it's not clear just from the icons whether data is always connected or not - I didn't have 3.3 on my device long enough to test battery life, but in light of most of my issues being non-issues or fixable, I will probably flash back and try again]

3. Someone asked about suspending the XV6700 when there's an active Wifi connection. I did this and had no problems whatsoever.

4. Resco Registry editor not starting - now it does. Again I suspect .NET CF2 being installed first has solved this one.

5. [edit: removed issue about backlight reverting to 10 seconds - it happened when I flashed back to the stock ROM as well, even after a hard reset! Must relate to the order in which I install my programs, and I was able to fix it in the old ROM. If I flash back to 3.3 I'll try the same fix and assume it'll work.]

6. [Edit: removed section about PocketxPDF, it's a program bug that exists in v0.4 on any ROM.]

Other than that, I've had no problems with my SD card, and it's too #$%^ freezing cold outside to go grab my iBlue from the car to see if iGuidance crashes.

Thanks to all who put this together and everyone who has posted their ideas and comments!

The machine responds much more quickly than before. Hard to gauge battery life right now because I'm having so much fun playing around with it, I'm using it all the time.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
2. I set up Activesync with my hosted exchange account and everthing worked flawlessly. However, I believe (as some other people have posted - maybe on the other board?) that the data connection never closes once . I'm not relying on the arrows at the top of the screen to check this - I'm relying on the icon for data connection within comm manager (when you hold down the IE hard key). This icon never greys out like I think it does/should when the data connection is dropped? (I may be wrong about this). May need to test this in a more robust fashion.
Microsoft Direct Push works exactly this way - it keeps the data session open (that's how it knows new mail has arrived...) http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...03/424028.aspx

So if you are using direct push (ie, if your exchange server supports it) then you'll have an always-connected data session.

Quote:
"The file ':RRegistry' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file."
Did you install .NET version 1 or 2? Sounds like the error you get when you haven't.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro

Bushrod is just getting started
The icon in Comm Manager only greys out when it's disconnected, not when there'e no data.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chuque is a n00b
Memory leak in 3.3?

so now that I have been able to run the phone for over a day w/o a soft reset I notice I am have 12.27 megs system free. but as you can see in the attached screen cap, adding up the Running processes only gets me ~15.12 Where is the other 20 meg gone?

Old 01-24-2007, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jady is a n00b
I did the upgrade and everyything is fast and smooth so far.

One issue, I have never been able to activesync any info. I can install and access the filestructure but never sync any pim data any other data. When I hard reset I have always used a backup of my PIM data and put it back on that way.

I expected some issues with trying to do this and alas, I cannot restore my PIM data this way, it kills the contacts app.

Is there any way to make this compatible? What is the diff in how 3.3 stores PIM data that makes it incompatible?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro

Bushrod is just getting started
Did you read any of this thread or the upgrade thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jady

One issue, I have never been able to activesync any info. I can install and access the filestructure but never sync any pim data any other data. When I hard reset I have always used a backup of my PIM data and put it back on that way.

I expected some issues with trying to do this and alas, I cannot restore my PIM data this way, it kills the contacts app.

Is there any way to make this compatible? What is the diff in how 3.3 stores PIM data that makes it incompatible?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
I installed .NET CF 2.0. It was definitely working because 2 other apps that require .NET CF 2.0 were working fine. Just Resco Registry failed.

Thanks for the info on the Activesync; I'll verify that on my current ROM and take more detailed notes if I flash back.

The BT audio gateway never closing is a weird problem, I guess no one else is experiencing that.

Also the Lock applet (under settings, the one that requires a password) is still broken - if you set it to require a password every "0 minutes" (i.e., on every suspend) it still jumps into password mode every minute. I was hoping that would be fixed.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jady is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrod
Did you read any of this thread or the upgrade thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jady

Yes I did, I read both threads completely many times over the last few days, hence me stating that I expected problems. I did not replace the pim.vol file, I tried using a backup program to see if that might work since no one specifically stated using spb backup to try and transfer PIM data. It does not transfer and that is fine, I can manually reenter my PIM data but if there is a workaround, I would like to try and find it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache