PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mike, Bushrod, or anyone else,

This is really becoming frustrating. I am having issues with the dump-to-nba.bat. When I run it, it goes through processing everything which seems to take just under forever. Then it finally finishes and says "Press any key". I do and where it normally says something about the imgfs bin file there is a bunch of jibberish in a foreign font. Then it says press any key. When I do, the box closes, but no nba file is created.

Are we supposed to do something to the imgfs raw data bin? I was under the assumption that this was all done. However, if I remove the bin file that was created during the nba-to-dump, the dump-to-nba has a system failure and will not run.

So, now I am at a point of real frustration because I keep trying to get it to work, but each run is 10-15 minutes. Then I get the same error everytime. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

indoe is keeping up the good workindoe is keeping up the good work
i replaced a bunch of drivers on WM6 crossbow WWE 5.2.318 INDRA and that dont work to bad there no doc on doing somthing like this ill keep trying
Old 01-21-2007, 05:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wideawake do you have a list of drivers? and if so can you post them
Old 01-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I have a list somewhere I made of every driver file I could find. But I think u have to hybrid registrys too to port akus. But I'm not sure.

colonel is ur nk.nba not in the imgfs tools folder? when u run dump to nba it will first patch the imgfs_raw and then patch the nba file from there but they both have to be in that directory for this to happen
~Mike

Old 01-21-2007, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
I have a list somewhere I made of every driver file I could find. But I think u have to hybrid registrys too to port akus. But I'm not sure.

colonel is ur nk.nba not in the imgfs tools folder? when u run dump to nba it will first patch the imgfs_raw and then patch the nba file from there but they both have to be in that directory for this to happen
~Mike
were you able to get ROM Kitchen working?

also can you only get a "boot.rgu" off a rom dump?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Didn't try a ROM kitchen and I will see if I can't find the syntax to get boot.rgu from the ROM. I think u will have to use ROMMaster which is in the XIP tools folder.
~Mike
Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake

~Mike
Yep, everything is there. That is why I cannot figure it out. It seems to work fine if all I do is add one little .exe, but once I do a bit of work it goes haywire. I noticed that when it works correctly, at the end, the .bat says something about searching for the imgfs then something about fixing it. This is where the jibberish is so that is why I was wondering if I was missing something. I guess I will keep at it.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

what kind of jibberish? have u removed somethings to clear space before adding a lot? Maybe a few screenies of what u get?
Old 01-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Retired Staff

Seems to be rolling along fine now. It could have been a problem with adding too much. I notice that all the .nba files are 63.2MB or something close to that. Is there a limit on how large the dump file can be?

Also, one other thing that has come up while tweaking the registry is that once I flash, it does not boot. I assume that I am not doing something correctly when replacing the .hv files. Here are my steps:

1. Convert .hv to text
2. add REGEDIT4 (still not sure why) and save as Unicode
3. make changes and save
4. convert back to .hv
5. copy back into dump
6. dump back to .nba
7. add boot.hv to .nba
8. convert to nbf and flash

Three things rattling around my head. Am I supposed to remove the REGEDIT4 before converting back to .hv and what is that for? When converting back to .hv a boot.hv and boot.rgu are created. Am I supposed to disregard these (are they trash) and use the ones in the XIP folder? Finally, do you need to do this whole boot.hv add&replace bat everytime, everytime there is a registry change, or only when the boot.hv is altered?

Thanks again for the help
Old 01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

only replace if u change the boot.hv. (in xip folder) Boot.hv and boot.rgu made in hv folder have to be named that but are NOT really boot.hv or .rgu it just has to name them that to convert back to hv form. Won't boot? Souns like ur .txt file is getting rearranged when u save as? does the format mess up? are u saving first then editing? unicode?
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache