PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
yes tcpmp should be simple. If I'm not mistaken u can set that with the initflash file....but I may be wrong. What I have been doing it editing reg entries to point to the windows directory, and placing files there.
~Mike

Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro

Bushrod is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Aha! Thanks for the tip! I want to put the logmein files there, too!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
no problem! Enjoy and do u plan on sharing urs once completed or keeping to urself?
~Mike
Old 01-18-2007, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'll gladly share if anyone's interested. I was also planning on adding a browser that shows the "pixels" nicely. Don't know about sharing that one...

I've tracked down the initflashfile syntax to make directories and move file to them. It looks like it just copies the files from \Windows to \Program Files and takes up internal storage after all. I think your changing the Reg entries and pointing everything to \Windows is the way to go to save space!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Just to clarify as I am starting to play.

"3. Now you wanna cut you nk.nba from this folder and move over to the folder named 2. IMGFS Tools. Once you have the nbf in the folder you can run the nba_to_dump.bat. This will convert your nbf file into a DUMP folder. This folder contains both files (ones not in folders) and modules (the ones in folders). You can modify this folder as needed for your custom Rom. "

You start by referencing the .nba file then switch and mention the nbf file twice. I am assuming that this is a typo, but just want to catch things as I am going through this so it doesn't confuse others.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Also, before people go wild with this, should there be some ground rules about what can or cannot be put in the Rom?

More specifically, I am planning on trying to get some apps in that are not freeware. Obviously this can bring about some rights issues if I freely distribute Voice Command, iGuidance, etc. Of course the don't ask don't tell is always an option.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I would definitely NOT distribute commercial apps in your rom! I'd say that thing that require serial numbers would be ok as the user could enter their own serial number, like Memmaid or Resco Explorer.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Retired Staff

Good points Bushrod. Apps that required serial numbers or had trials would be fine, but could also eat space for people who don't want (want to pay for) them.

Also, saw you on the xda site about WM6. Did you get it running on anything or were you just grabbing it while you could?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

lets not get off topic here. I would only put freeware actually into the ROM unless its for personal use only and u own a copy.
~Mike
Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Just to clarify as I am starting to play.

"3. Now you wanna cut you nk.nba from this folder and move over to the folder named 2. IMGFS Tools. Once you have the nbf in the folder you can run the nba_to_dump.bat. This will convert your nbf file into a DUMP folder. This folder contains both files (ones not in folders) and modules (the ones in folders). You can modify this folder as needed for your custom Rom. "

You start by referencing the .nba file then switch and mention the nbf file twice. I am assuming that this is a typo, but just want to catch things as I am going through this so it doesn't confuse others.
yeap typo...it was lae last night I will edit.
Thx,
Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache