PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jady is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth suspend problem, possable workaround?

So the BT headset will drop when the device goes in to suspend after 3 min. I have read all about this at the xda forum and they didnt have a solution that I had found.

could I just use Devstate to keep the device from entering suspend? How will that affect batt life? Thanks, John
Old 01-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
I assume you are having issues with the headset reconnecting on wake up, correct? What headset do you have? I have a Plantronics 510 and I do not get the disconnect tone from the headset when the phone is suspended. It also wakes up quickly for both phone calls and Voice Command announcements.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Jady is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
I assume you are having issues with the headset reconnecting on wake up, correct? What headset do you have? I have a Plantronics 510 and I do not get the disconnect tone from the headset when the phone is suspended. It also wakes up quickly for both phone calls and Voice Command announcements.
Yes thats the problem, but I also lost BT in the middle of a call (I am assuming that the phone went into suspend during the call.

I also have a Plantronics 510, I am running Wisbar, Devstate, TestTodayPlugin (photo contacts), CLauncher, and I did have Phonealarm on until a few hours ago. I read somewhere that Phonealarm and Wisbar 2 dont play well together so I thought it may be the culprit since phonealarm went mute for no reason this morning.

Devstate worked as far as keeping a connection but I went from 90% battery to 20% battery in 4 hours doing basically nothing.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bigbuddy is a n00b
oh so thats why my phone does that. ill be on the phone talking and all of sudden i will hear the disconnecting tone and it wont reconnect back. even when i try to search to repair it wont find anything and that when the phone is turned on the bluetooth wont turn on. i saw some type of fix somewhere but i forgot where i saw it.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Jady is a n00b
I tryed this reg entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State\Suspend]
"btl1:"=dword:00000002

we'll see what happens.

Does anyone have any experience with the widcomm BT stack? Does this help that issue?
Old 01-18-2007, 01:00 PM
N00b

Wargazm is a n00b
I have a similar problem (maybe it's the same issue?)...

I have a Motorola H700 headset. It works great, except that it refuses to connect when my device is in suspend mode. so I have to wake my 6700 up, then flip the boom mic open to turn the headset on. at that point, it usually works (sometimes it still doesn't connect, which is very frustrating).

I would love to just be able to open my headset and have it connect to the phone regardless of the state of the device.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700
Carrier: Cricket

jschurawlow is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jschurawlow
Jady,

for that registry entry did you add it in as a DWORD entry or just a standard value with no name (to assume default?).

EDIT: found out the hard way do NOT enter in this as a dword value otherwise your ppc device will run very poorly on soft reset.

Does anyone know of a viable solution to this bluetooth issue? It's becoming very very annoying as of this point (even with aku3.3 the issue is still present).
Old 01-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Have you guys tried unchecking the box in settings\Power\advanced so that on battery power the device will not turn off. I know this is not the best option, but it is a start to see what is causing your problem. As I stated before, with my 510 I very rarely have the BT drop and this includes very long phone calls of well over 30 minutes. So, the question goes back to the actual cause on an individual basis.

Have you guys updated to the latest radio? For those using the new Rom(s), do you see any improvement?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jschurawlow is a n00b
I have the latest radio from sprint installed, as well as having aku3.3 currently running.

Previously on the custom 2.2 rom I was getting bt suspend issues as now plus bt would randomly drop out mid call.

So far the bt random drop during a call hasn't happened yet, but when the device goes to suspend it does cut out the bt connection.

Considering the fact that I don't have an extended batt even yet the option to leave the device full on is hardly viable at all.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jschurawlow is a n00b
I think I've managed to get this working. The entry needs to get put in as a normal value and not specifically a DWORD entry (used resco registry).

Also an additional quite useful guide on some registry hacks (related):

http://www.zdziarski.com/papers/xv6700.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache