PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2006, 07:26 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need pdf reader

I use pdf files at work all the time. Dose anyone know of a good pdf reader for PPC, adobes version is huge (takes up lots of memory) and is very slow when viewing drawings. Thanks for the help in advance as I am sure there is a solution and someone here has the answer.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Look for a free program called PocketXpdf. It's free, a lot smaller than adobe and renders very well.

no WM5 support (yet) like soft button functions, so you'll need your stylus, but it works wonders for pdfs on the 6700.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
works fine! decided to attach for users to download.
~mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip pocketxpdf_138.zip (1.04 MB, 91 views) Click for barcode!

Old 07-09-2006, 09:09 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Good call

Works very well. This will come in handy. Thanks again to All
Old 02-23-2007, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TIGER02 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TIGER02 Send a message via Yahoo to TIGER02
I'm sorry maybe i missed it but will this work on a treo 700wx, i saw the not wm 5 compatable above
Old 02-23-2007, 09:45 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Probably will work.

Any reason you bumped an 8 month old thread here instead of asking on the Treo forum?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: bell

PaulFix is a n00b
He probably used the search function like I did cos if you start a new one and you ask a question someone posts and says " use the search function to find the answer" .

When this happens old threads get resurected.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice

saridnour is a n00b
It works just fine on the 6700. I have it embedded in my ROM as a matter of fact as it was requested my a number of users.

-saridnour
Old 03-15-2007, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jonahan is a n00b
There's a newer version out now.

To install it, I performed the following steps:

I extracted the .zip file to my PC desktop.
I clicked "Explore" in ActiveSync
I copied the "PocketXpdf" folder which was in the extracted "PocketXpdf_0.5.0" folder on my PC desktop to the "Program Files" directory on my PPC.
I navigated to the directory using my filemanager (Resco), and sent the executable to the Start Menu as a shortcut.

YMMV.

Jonathan
Attached Files
File Type: zip pocketxpdf_050_339.zip (1.08 MB, 47 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Jonahan, thanks for posting the update. Unzipping the download yields an executable with a number of .pfb files - not a cab like the previous version. Do we have to manually transfer these files to the device? If so, where?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache