PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, now it's 20227 for PRL.

But I believe that changes with each hard reset resets it back to 20225.

My PRI is 1.19_003

My radio version is 1.12.00.
I've heard various things about this radio version...that it's the latest version for Sprint, even though there is a higher numbered version for Verizon. I've also heard they are interchangeable. I simply don't know.

Perhaps my phone missing calls is just a random coincidence, or perhaps caused from a number of other programs I've recently installed.

It just makes sense that if anything was to cause reception problems that it would be this particular change.

-Rage
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
The newest sprint radio is 1.27.00.

Here's what I suggest you do, just to make sure your phone is properly updated in all aspects.

Go to www.sprint.com/downloads and choose Windows Mobile (CE) in the dropdown box. Download the second file in the list--or here's a direct link:

http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/d...0_WWE_Ship.exe

Run that entire ROM upgrade on your phone. In addition, when it boots for the first time, allow all of the customizations to run (i.e. do not interrupt the extrom install process).

That will bring your radio ROM to 1.27.00 (the latest for Sprint) as well as bring your PRI to 1.19_003 (also the latest for Sprint) but will downgrade your PRL to 20224.

In regards to the issues you're having with applying PRLs using the file-based methods, my advice to you instead is to just call *2 and ask the rep to be flagged for a PRL update. You will then call *2 back and it will be sent to your phone over the air. It is pretty painless and should only take 5 minutes or so. The OTA method is Sprint's "official" way of feeding PRLs so you can bet that if you get a PRL that way any issues you have are not related to how your phone "took" the PRL.

You can then proceed to flash whatever ROM you want to, though I recommend picking one that does not try to incorporate PRI/PRL updates. There's just little point in including those in ROM updates because they are issued so rarely (especially PRIs). And when people of other carriers accidentally apply them real problems (like those you've described) can result.

Good luck.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
if i dont get bombed, i dont mind supplying the MSL code for you guys to update. just PM me your HEX ESN and ill PM you back your msl if you want to do it manually

the advantage of doing it manually is that it STAYS after a hard reset.

anyways the offer is open.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
JBabey, the PRL should always remain after a hard reset. At least it always does if updated OTA and with ##PRL#. Are you saying that if it goes in via PPST.exe that it gets wiped out with a hard reset? I've never used that method but I'd be surpsied if it does.

PRL and PRI updates are designed to go into the nvram of the device, which survives hard resets. What can and will clear them though is a master reset (##RTN#), which reverts the entire nvm back to its shipping defaults (PRI, PRL, and all).
Old 04-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Go to www.sprint.com/downloads and choose Windows Mobile (CE) in the dropdown box. Download the second file in the list--or here's a direct link:

http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/d...0_WWE_Ship.exe

Run that entire ROM upgrade on your phone. In addition, when it boots for the first time, allow all of the customizations to run (i.e. do not interrupt the extrom install process).

That will bring your radio ROM to 1.27.00 (the latest for Sprint) as well as bring your PRI to 1.19_003 (also the latest for Sprint) but will downgrade your PRL to 20224.

Well, after doing that I no longer have "any" radio on my phone. It just says "none" for radio and no longer wants to flash this particular ROM. It gives a "no country id" error.
I'm now trying to flash with BigJ's "NoID" ROM again.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nope, didn't work. I can get ROMs to install, but with the radio missing the phone is useless. I've tried everything I could imagine. From one ROM to the next....multiple multiple times.

and I'm not the only one...
edited url:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/xv6700-error...ded-t3721.html
Old 04-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Retired Staff

Not surprising. Once your device says R NONE at the boot screen you are screwed. I have seen at least ten such occurrances, and several apparent causes (physical trauma, flashing a hacked radio ROM, and some that intermittantly lose the radio). But if you've searched around then you have already discovered that there is no fix for that. You will have to do an exchange if under warranty/insurance or buy a new one.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Not surprising. Once your device says R NONE at the boot screen you are screwed. I have seen at least ten such occurrances, and several apparent causes (physical trauma, flashing a hacked radio ROM, and some that intermittantly lose the radio). But if you've searched around then you have already discovered that there is no fix for that. You will have to do an exchange if under warranty/insurance or buy a new one.
Yep...that's worth repeating. Hear that folks? Just don't do it!

Now where's that bold little Maxx134 bastard that set me up with this cab file and tried to play it off like it was BigJ's rom that caused the problem??

I'm coming to NY and kicking your ass homey!
I want my $$$ back!!!

Seriously folks- if there was ever something that needed a disclaimer it would be this. How about this stock warning to be issued:
"Warning upgrading your radio through untried unproven methods has been known to brick 10 out of every 11 phones. Have fun with your new brick!"
Old 10-03-2007, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
new prl file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
Yep...that's worth repeating. Hear that folks? Just don't do it!

Now where's that bold little Maxx134 bastard that set me up with this cab file and tried to play it off like it was BigJ's rom that caused the problem??

I'm coming to NY and kicking your ass homey!
I want my $$$ back!!!

Seriously folks- if there was ever something that needed a disclaimer it would be this. How about this stock warning to be issued:
"Warning upgrading your radio through untried unproven methods has been known to brick 10 out of every 11 phones. Have fun with your new brick!"

Wow after 5mo I see this dumb ass sh*t!
U really are a complete raging idiot!

What is worth repeating? You did not reapeat anything in the above quote.
You exposed yourself to be twisting words. No-one saying dont do it, just stating how screwed you were.

You are the idiot that choses to run carrier specific roms & extroms with reckless abandon.

noone ever said to run the files in extrom.

You were too lazy to read the whole thread and find out the proper way to run the cab.

You are also truely a raging idiot to say that I implied that BigJ's rom caused problem,
when I specifically stated that "YOU" MUST HAVE RAN WRONG ROM or left your unknown extrom crap in when installing.

The cab is nothing but prl file swap inserted in an original Sprint EXtrom cab.
All it does is install PRL and PPST file directed 2 load in windows folder.
By itself it does nothing, U have to continue install. DUH

What U do is your own undoing.

What the hell were you thinking to call *2 when you just ran the PPST file without giving it time to load new PRL & not soft-resetting?
If you read you would know to leave it alone for as long as 3 min, as you will not see anything running.

Shure I bet doing half-ass job of installing made PPST erase any PRL you had,
then you calling *2 and probably pressed 1 & wiped everything so you F-ed yourself.

Dont bite my hand for trying to help, I'm not a scapegoat/marter for you to pin a blame on.

You are wrong for blaming me in that post and not havin guts 2 PM me about it.
I would have tried my best to help you.
I have to find out about this bullsh*t 5mo later.
You totally embarras yourself in these posts and if you had'nt blamed me I would not respond here, as it is painfull to read.

Bottom line is CAB file works if you read and installed the right way.

The only warning that should come of this, is to understand what the hell you are doing before you do it.

To prove the cab I posted works I just took it and edited it with new PRL20229 file and ran it on my phone as described earlier in this thread..
ALL OK! Made calls and all.

New cab posted for those who choose this way.

Here is original thread for files:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=prl

Here is another thread with PRL explanation:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=prl
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPST_File_SPCS_with_PRL20229.sa.zip (97.4 KB, 71 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache