PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Lurker

uhaulkid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Ppc 6700

I know im going to get killed for this but here it goes. i have just bought a working 6700 from flebay. i used to have one and i am somewhat familiar with it. i have the treo 700 wx and dont like it at all and i really like the wifi that the 6700 has where the treo 700wx doe snot, bigge for me. anyway i have a few stupid questions. i have been reading the forums for a week now and i have read yeas no maybe not anymore and this is how about 1000 different ways.
can i watch tv on the 6700, from what i read the sprint vision packages are no longer working with them? i have the mac daddy package but if its no use to me with the 6700 then i will drop back to the min um one. is there any free or cheap programs that will let you watch LIve not taped old TV on the 6700 if the sprint work around is no longer.
how hard is it to get my hands on WM 6.0 and once and where do i get it is it hard o install. once installed is it worth having over 5.0? if it is worth it is there any links to it on here that i may be directed t with some instruction's on how to do it.
i know we are to read and find what we are looking for and i have. thats what brings me to this post. there are answers all over the net and not one is the same they are all different. some say how to but not in lamins terms, some say how to but don't give any files and so on. i don't want to be a pain nor a leach and i don't want something without haveing to work for it but this information is so spread out all over it makes it hard for a newbe to ge what i need to get done what i want to do. thank you in advance for any help and links and files to get done what i want tdone.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
first of all an upgrade to an UNoffical rom is easy all the tutorials are stickied on top of the appropriate forum...

the link to the wm6 kitchen..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11074

the link to the wm6 rom....
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671

the kitchen has a read me file with all the info you need...please read that first before posting any question since it has probably more than you need...

Whats the difference between the kitchen and the rom your probably asking...
well the kitchen allows you to pick the programs you want built into your wm6 rom
the rom is just that a premade but very good rom made by helmi_c

and finally for your tv question...I just heard of this site today. I scanned for a little while and it look pretty cool I think its a feed of live tv..channels are kinda limited but it works right. Its blue-mobile.com
Old 01-08-2008, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Lot of people like to use the "Slingbox" it is like a Tivo http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox.html

I use "ORB"
http://www.orb.com/orb/

The only thing with Orb is that you need to have the Pc that it is install on ....running.... which is acting like a server...but you can access your files/Local Tv(if you have a TV Tuner Card)/Internet TV/Record any Program you want it is really pretty nice.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
I use PocketLiveTV and it works well also.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

uhaulkid is a n00b
i have another question and i know this may not be the place to ask but coulds you direct me to the right place. i havea new treo 700 wx from sprint and i would like to upraged it to the new WM6.0, is there a link or can i be sent to the right place or will the files you all have here posted work. from what i read they will not work on the treos only ppcs? i would like to get this treo 700wx onto WM6.0 and also get a nnice new iphone look to it if someone would be so kind to send me to the right place
Old 01-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulkid View Post
i have another question and i know this may not be the place to ask but coulds you direct me to the right place. i havea new treo 700 wx from sprint and i would like to upraged it to the new WM6.0, is there a link or can i be sent to the right place or will the files you all have here posted work. from what i read they will not work on the treos only ppcs? i would like to get this treo 700wx onto WM6.0 and also get a nnice new iphone look to it if someone would be so kind to send me to the right place
uhaulkid,
(Yes you mis-posted, but as the OP of the thread you get a free pass.)
The only reason the 6700 got WM6 was because helmi_c personally took it on and did it with extraordinary effort against enormous odds (and when virtually everyone who knew anything about the 6700 said it couldn't be done, period.) The people on TreoCentral.com are saying it'll never happen for the 700w/700wx, and so far there hasn't been another helmi_c to come to their rescue. Still Treocentral is a good start for tweaks and tips for your device. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

uhaulkid is a n00b
thank you so much sir.! it wont happen over there as there must not be folks that are deadicated like here to get things done. it takes more then wants to make it happen.....things are only impossable until they are done....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache