PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVDO vs 1X.......

Does my VZW wireless phone need EVDO capability? I'm not doing any data.....voice only.
I ask this because if you call my phone, on your end you hear 2 rings before my phone rings once. Is that normal, or is the delay because the phone is looking for EVDO? I look in the display and I see it switching back and forth sometimes.....1x.....EV.....
Old 01-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
I second this I done use data ever does leaving it on put an extra strain on the battery or anything bad anything to squeeze some life out of my apache
Old 01-03-2008, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Tweaks

There are a number of tweaks you can do to the phone to help your situation. They basically deal with dialing #778 and entering your MSL code for VZW. Search the forum for this and you will find them. If you still have not found them, and no one responds in a future post with more substantive info please PM me and I will get them for you. I dont have my 6700 with me right now, so I cannot look them up currently.

Steve
Old 01-03-2008, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
You might want to check your SIC..(Slot Index Cycle)...that is the period on which your phone cycle the towers....I think the default is 3....most people set it to 0. Your going to need your MSL...for Verizon...i believe it is 000000. There is a whole section about this Polling Towers subject.

Most people like myself who dont have a data plan..just text...force the phone to 1x....stop the jumping from EV to 1X which will reduce battery time.

There is a hack for this dont know off hand...I am pretty sure someone will post it.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 01-03-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:02 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
You might want to check your SIC..(Slot Index Cycle)...that is the period on which your phone cycle the towers....I think the default is 3....most people set it to 0. Your going to need your MSL...for Verizon...i believe it is 000000. There is a whole section about this Polling Towers subject.
yup he is exactly right. its ur sci that determines how many rings they hear before ur phone rings...it is under the modem settings in the epst.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I see....and how does one modify the SIC?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:33 PM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge, USMC View Post
I see....and how does one modify the SIC?
first u need ur msl (master service lock code) which is 000000 for verizon.then go to the dialer and enter ##778# and the epst will pop up. click edit then enter the msl. then use the left soft key and go to modem settings. u will then see sci. i think it will be default at 2 or 3. change it to or 0 to have ur phone ring right when they get their first ring.

David
Old 01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok, when I go to the dialer and dial ##778#, "TALK", the vzw message I get is call cannot be completed as dialed. I don't know what epst is.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge, USMC View Post
ok, when I go to the dialer and dial ##778#, "TALK", the vzw message I get is call cannot be completed as dialed. I don't know what epst is.

haha when u dial it u dont hit talk, it should just pop up when u hit the last #....r u using a custom rom?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:51 PM
iPhone Killer

if that doesnt work just go into the windows folder and run the epst.exe directly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache