PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 04:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

scope is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
error 37, verizon

I am trying to use IE on my xv6700, and since I have upgraded to the latest WM6 Helmi kitchen, which runs excellent otherwise I have been unable to connect to the internet.

I open say google.com and I get my "network Log on window, which when I had WM5(default) I was told this screen should be blank, but I have also tryed it with xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com and vzw.

It tries and receives error code:37 misc errorsetting up mobile ip. Then says cannot connect.

Any ideas on why this is happening. I tried searching on error 37 but 37 causes problems in the search on this site.

I will be calling them, but not sure how much help I would get using helmi kitchen.

I do have radio 1.41, which I have read different problems with 42 and 43 so I dont' believe this is the problem, since I had it on there before helmi and had no problems.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Lurker

boardcoach is a n00b
I had fixed this same problem today.

Things to check:...

1.) Do *228 and press 1 to re-program the phone. then make a test call and see if you get anything to work. Try logging onto the Internets...

2.) That dosent work? Do a hardboot and wipe everything out. I noticed I needed to have the full verizon install and didnt skip it. "although I am sure you can skip it and have it still work. But..., to test it... just let it fully install" after the hardboot "2 soft keys and reset" do the *228 option 1. and then option 2.

3.) Didnt fix it? find and download the verizon stock WM5 ROM and install that .. then try to do all of the above. if everything works there... then Install the WM6 ROM. re-test it. http://www.utstarcom.com/pcd/downloads/ :"APA_VZW_20720_206_11000_WWE_Ship" for the ROM

4.) Another option: Call Verizons Tech support and ask them to re-install your data/EVDO mine was corrupt.. It took them 2 hours to figure it out...

If any of these suggestions do not work, then I would call Verizon tech support or log into irc " http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/vbjirc/vbjirc.php " I'm sure someone will help you out there.
I hope this helps and please post back in here so Others that search this can get some help... I pretty much had to figure it out with a few other people. some VZG guy helped me out a TON on this and I give all this credit to him for sure!

Last edited by boardcoach; 12-28-2007 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Or do a search since this is very well covered in a long thread about it
Old 12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

scope is a n00b
if you haven't got a suggested link to something helpfull why reply back the way you did -Fitbryan

I did a search here and the net and yes it comes up as a noted issue but vz wont' fix it. It is also an issue with 6700 and EVDO. I figured there may have been something someone here had come across. I noticed one of the fixes in the Helmi_c WM6 release mentioned working x1/evdo, but it doesn't seem to be working. I noticed that part after looking at the thread and then I went through 2/3 of the reported bugs section but hadn't come across anything yet.

boardcoach- Thank you for a response that was insightfull and helpfull. I actually reinstalled WM6, but I had been contemplating reinstalling WM5 from stock and see if the problem exist still or not.

I am getting on the phone with them in a few minutes, and try the reset you were refering.

Note to others: Please respond with helpfull advice like coach did. fit is a shining example of how not to help anyone except to claim they are dumb by suggesting a search first. Searches are done by how the person doing the search thinks up relevant terms for their problem. At least say you could do a search using the following: keywords fitbryan+rude, and give the link you found.

It is one thing to be rude, but rude to a community that is asking for help and expecting it in a generous way like many have had is just not needed.

Thanks again coach.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Lurker

boardcoach is a n00b
you know what... I did the search and I also googled it.. like he said he searched as did I. and I couldnt get any information on it.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

scope is a n00b
UPDATE: They had to reset tsomething like you said fromt heir side and I did the *228-1 and I am now working.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Sry to fit for being rude earlier. I'm sure you have helped others here on the site and I would liek to thank you for that, just keep in mind how your input is valuable whne stated politely. Many people will help you in return.

Good day, thank fully they never asked me anything about radios or what version software.

Good day all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache