PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700

christinme7890 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i saw something somewhere to do this

I want to decrease the seconds it takes my phone to start ringing. From the time the phone receives signal that someone is calling to the time that the phone actually rings is about 3 seconds and I can't seem to find the registry hack to change the 3 seconds to 0 seconds.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck
it has to do with your SCI (slot cycle index)
I have sprint PPC6800 so I'm only familiar with how to do this on that, not a Verizon PPC6700 (if it's any different)

Quote:
19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108

Last edited by hAvAAck; 12-19-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700
Threadstarter

christinme7890 is a n00b
that is not quiet what I was thinking of. What you suggested is that I have my phone pole the tower for incoming calls. My phone does that fine. But, the phone actually has a setting in the registry that tells it how long before it plays your ring tone once it has received notification that a call has come through. The phone already knows there is a call but it waits a default of 3 seconds before it plays the ring tone. I don't want it to wait. (I also have verizon so the dialing up to sprint idea wouldn't work
Old 12-19-2007, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

Highflyguy0824 is a n00b
I would like to know as well. Apparently this is a big issue with our phones.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:18 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinme7890 View Post
that is not quiet what I was thinking of. What you suggested is that I have my phone pole the tower for incoming calls. My phone does that fine. But, the phone actually has a setting in the registry that tells it how long before it plays your ring tone once it has received notification that a call has come through. The phone already knows there is a call but it waits a default of 3 seconds before it plays the ring tone. I don't want it to wait. (I also have verizon so the dialing up to sprint idea wouldn't work
There is a Hack for it. I just cant think of what it is. I know you could do it on the Moto Q

Old 12-19-2007, 05:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

javier is a n00b
Is your ringtone on the SD card? Is your ringtone a large file? if so those 2 things cause the delay in ringing...
Old 12-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
Is your ringtone on the SD card? Is your ringtone a large file? if so those 2 things cause the delay in ringing...
Listen to Javier, he knows exactly what he is talking about. This is the most commom cause of delay in getting your call. There is a hack but making sure you ringtone is on the device instead of the storage card is the fix that fixes this problem for most people.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-20-2007, 01:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Are you guys looking for this hack?

Change ringtone/vibrate/LED flash characteristics

If you would like more control over how your device rings/vibrates/flashes its LEDs on events, you can can change the Script values of these events. For example, for an incoming call performing 'activate device, play ringtone, wait 3 seconds, repeat':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "apw3r" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

For performing 'active device, set volume to 33%, play ringtone, set volume to 67%, play ringtone, set volume to 100%, play ringtone (no repeat)':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "ac33pc67pc100p" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

The following are the full codes available to you. Please note that all the codes are executed simultaneously except after a ringtone play / wait code. E.g. 'v1p' will vibrate and play at the same time, while vibrating for 1 second. But 'pv1' will play the ringtone through all the way first, then start vibrating for 1 second.

a = activate device
cN = set volume to N in percentage max volume
fN = flash notification LED for N seconds
p = play ringtone. Note that this will play the ringtone all the way through before continuing with the next code.
r = repeat. Note that this should be the last code in your Script string, if used at all.
vN = vibrate for N seconds
wN = wait for N seconds. Note that the device will wait this long before continuing with the next code.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy S
Carrier: T-Mobile

gcode_81 is a n00b
if your using verizon, dial ##778 then press the talk button. click edit. enter 000000. at the top left where it says "Display" - scroll down to "Modem Settings". where it says "Slot Cycle Index" change it to whatever you like

Slot Cycle Index - This determines how often a handset polls the network for coverage and incoming packets. The default value is 2. A "Slot" is 1.28 seconds and doubles with each incremental change from 0 to 7 (0=1.28, 1=2.56, 2=5.12 seconds, etc). setting a handset to poll more often may use noticibly more battery if coverage is thin or lacking.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Gcode81, go back and read post #2...... nice try though. And I agree with javier as well. I dont think there is anything else to this issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache