PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

klindoug is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Continually Roaming?

I just flashed Helmi's WM6 ROM to my Alltel 6700. I had just purchased the phone, flashed it and had it activated. The phone continually says that it is Roaming. Anyone have any ideas/solutions? I appreciate any help as I am a noob. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Did it do that before you flashed? As far as I know the WM6 ROM wouldn't affect this.

It's probably either gonna be the PRL or the home SID that is your problem. I'm guessing you bought this phone used and it probably has the old users information still programmed in it.

What PRL version do you have on the phone? From the dialer screen, press menu, choose device information. Current Alltel PRL version is 30008.

For the home SID, from the dialer screen, dial ##778 and press send. On the EPST screen choose edit, and the password will be 000000. From the dropdown menu, choose Home SID. Make sure this is set to the proper SID from your local Alltel market. You can find this info here.http://www.corolada.com/alltel/wiki/...rrent_SID_List

You should be able to fix both of these problems by dialing *228. Choose option 2 to update your PRL, and then call again and choose option 3 to update your phones programming information over the air.

Hope this helps, if not give me some more information and I'll help with what I can.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

klindoug is a n00b
Thanks for your help Digi. A little more info for you... The phone did roam previous to me flashing it (yes, I bought it online). SID is matching, although there is a "\" and another number after it that I could not identify anything with. Also, PRL is not 30008, it is:36101. I cannot see where I can change the number though. Also, over the air updates are not working. For some reason, when I call, it says that it is unavailable. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Ok, next thing is to find out which SID you're actually on, try dialing a single number like 5 and pressing send. You should get a message saying, "Sorry, but we cannot complete your call as dialed, Carrier XXX" and the XXX will be the current tower that you're roaming on.

The number after the SID is just the CDMA NID, or network ID. Its supposed to be there.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wow, I just re-read you're reply. I must have still been asleep this morning when I read it the first time.

Ok, what is SID for your area? Just curious.

When you got the phone, who programmed it? You should go into the EPST settings again by dialing ##778. Choose NAM from the drop down menu. Check that your MIN is setup properly for each option. Your MIN is USUALLY your phone number, but its possible that it could be different.

Heres how it should look down the list.
NAM name : Alltel
Mobile Directory Number : Your10digitNumber
MIN1 : Your7digitNumber (phone number without area code)
MIN2 : YourAreaCode (just the three digits)
MSID : Your10digitNumber
MCC : 311
MNC : 27

Anyways, theres more stuff that keeps going down the list, its all just different variations of your phone number or MIN plus area codes. Since you have a used phone there should already be data in there that you can just edit to your number.

Its neccessary for this information to be correct to be able to do OTA programming for PRL and NAM/SID settings. So make sure this is all correct and try *228 again.

It's hard for me to come up with good ideas without the phone in my hand. Its hard trying to figure out a thought process to diagnose it sensibly. But theres only so many things it could actually be, and were definetly on the right track. Lemme know what happens.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:02 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

klindoug is a n00b
Digi,

Sorry for taking so long to reply back, I had to deal with my phone's mic not functioning correctly first. But, I did update my PRL file, and that fixed everything. I showed Alltel service instead of Digital Roaming. I also updated the radio to 1.43. Your instructions were great, and very helpful. I've referred multiple people that are having the roaming issue to this thread, so that they can find a solution too. Thank you so much!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

No problem, glad I could help. It was only about a month ago I was in the same boat with my Verizon XV6700 on Alltel service. I had no idea what I was doing, and apparently I didn't ask the right questions because nobody would help me Anyways I just kept reading until I eventually figured it all out. Now when I see threads like this I help as much as I can.

Let me know how the 1.43 radio works out for you. I used it for a few weeks after upgrading form 1.10 and had numerous problems with it. I just rolled back to 1.41 tonight so I'm gonna see if that helps anything. With 1.43 I would drop data connection alot and then wouldnt be able to make calls or reconnect data until I soft reset the phone, very aggravating.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Actually 1.41 is already giving me problems. If I answer an incoming call during a data call, it freezes the phone for like twenty seconds and then says missed call. But If I try to return the call or restart my data, it says to end the current call.

I thought I had it fixed...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache