View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
digi
Regular 'Geeker

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow, I just re-read you're reply. I must have still been asleep this morning when I read it the first time.

Ok, what is SID for your area? Just curious.

When you got the phone, who programmed it? You should go into the EPST settings again by dialing ##778. Choose NAM from the drop down menu. Check that your MIN is setup properly for each option. Your MIN is USUALLY your phone number, but its possible that it could be different.

Heres how it should look down the list.
NAM name : Alltel
Mobile Directory Number : Your10digitNumber
MIN1 : Your7digitNumber (phone number without area code)
MIN2 : YourAreaCode (just the three digits)
MSID : Your10digitNumber
MCC : 311
MNC : 27

Anyways, theres more stuff that keeps going down the list, its all just different variations of your phone number or MIN plus area codes. Since you have a used phone there should already be data in there that you can just edit to your number.

Its neccessary for this information to be correct to be able to do OTA programming for PRL and NAM/SID settings. So make sure this is all correct and try *228 again.

It's hard for me to come up with good ideas without the phone in my hand. Its hard trying to figure out a thought process to diagnose it sensibly. But theres only so many things it could actually be, and were definetly on the right track. Lemme know what happens.