PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Are you sure you have to have the MMS cab load last? Try it somewhere else. I am pretty sure that it is not loaded last in the Verizon ExtRom

Thanks for that pointer.. I assumed it had to go last because this thread said so..

I just moved my settings cab to the end of my extrom load, and bingo, worked like a charm.

Thanks!!!

Wideawake, thanks for the offer to edit the cab for me. mucho appreciate it.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
krayz, disable the lock and enable hide in the config.txt before the unlock is run.
I gotcha on disabling the lock - but how do you enable hide? I guess more importantly, what will that accomplish for me? I can disable the lock prior to the executable running, but as long as the customizer is loaded, the device is uncontrollable. It will eventually reset after 4-5 minutes, and when it restarts the extension rom is unhidden... but if I try to soft reset it manually, it doesn't unlock...
Old 04-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
LOCKisabled
HIDE:Enabled
EXEC: \Windows\Extrom_Unlock.exe
HIDEisabled
LOCK:Enabled

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Thanks colonel! Works like a charm. Still would be nice to have a no-prompt unlocker executable, but this will be fine as it only requires one click from me during install. Appreciate the heads up!
Old 05-15-2007, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc pro2
Carrier: verizon

johnjay829 is just getting started
I'm pretty new at this but here goes.. i was able to get the extended rom file to show but it changed my storage card to storage card2 ..anyone able to tell me if i did something wrong or how to get my programs thats loaded to my storage card to work again i tried going into the reg files and change the location to storage card2
Old 06-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
SO I have an odd problem....

I got a new phone, and I added my custom extrom to it, which worked fine on my old phone...

When I hard reboot after inputting the extrom files, they install fine.

If I do another hard reboot, the files are all gone.. the customization screen comes up and runs through the file names, but it doesn't install anything. When I unlock the extrom and look at it, the only files still there are autorun and config.

Any thoughts about why the files are getting deleted?

FYI, I'm running kirvins clean and simple 3.5 AKU.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:25 AM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

thdrill is a n00b
ExtROM update version ROM cooking?

From what I am reviewing here this seems like it is a lot easier than cooking your own ROM while still having the same effects. Basically I am looking to have the programs I use regularly installed on my Verizon 6700 in such a way as to not eat up all the memory, and I don't have to install them every time I have to hard reset. Will this be a good option for me?

If so is the 9.9 MB max for the cab storage or overall installed program size?
Old 07-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
the 9.9 is the total size of the ext_rom (cab storage - but you can put other stuff there too). It's not as good as the kitchen - with the kitchen, the application doesn't take up program memory (generally speaking).
Old 08-31-2007, 09:12 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Tutorial for removing "junkware" has been updated so you can know see which files are needed, added a link to that post in the ground rules and instructions. Note some of the .cabs may not be needed but they are recommeded you leave them there, plus we got rid of most huge ones taking up most your space! I will also be adding a Bonus Section and posting my custom ext rom soon....probably over the weekend, so keep an eye out for that.
Enjoy,
Mike
I know this was a while ago, but are these extROMs still posted somewhere?
I found a few on my HD, but they aren't what I expected.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Lurker

kidder_zlj is a n00b
It is great.
Thanks very much for the perfect instruction!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache