PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nootrak4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This would be Cool if it worked for me. for some reason i cant seem to delete the files. every time i delete them they come back after a soft reset. any idea?

Please help me is there something im not doing. im doing everything to the letter but when i delete they come back.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4
This would be Cool if it worked for me. for some reason i cant seem to delete the files. every time i delete them they come back after a soft reset. any idea?

Please help me is there something im not doing. im doing everything to the letter but when i delete they come back.
Yea, just use the extrom tools posted first thread, cab first, then exe to actually unlock what is now visible.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
OK, I have been looking over different Extrom config files and their associated cabs.
Everything seemed fine for AKU2.X roms, but when upgrading to AKU3.X roms, their was conflict of dll files and other 2.x settings.

So I looked into some of the cabs to see which ones has duplicated dlls of newer 3.X roms.
I have deleted two more cabs than what is recommended so far and have no issues.
Also I have used other config files for tips to make your Extrom do more, like what "imkk" did..

I HAVE SPRINT, BUT Here is an example of what works for me with the AKU 3.X rom, so you can get an idea to be creative with customizing your own Extrom

LOCK:Enabled
SHOW:\Extended_ROM\SonicExtRom2.bmp
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PPST_FILE_SPCS_1_19_003_with_PRL2022 4.sa.CAB
EXEC:\Windows\PPST.exe
CAB: \Extended_ROM\DirectShow.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Cert_SPCS.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Cert_SPCS.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\IOTA.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\ButtonLock.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Disable_RemoveProgram.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PhoneSetting_HelpFile.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PowerICON.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\TimeSnyc.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\ResString.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_IOTA_v1_10_Apache_206300.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_ErrCodeForSPCS_Apache_206300.sa.C AB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PT_RemoveHTCBatteryICON_Apache_20630 0.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_Version_Apac_206303.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_HTC_CM_Guardian_Apache_206300.sa. CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\CONTACTS.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\mp4aac.arm.cab
CAB: \Extended_ROM\CapS.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\VIBRATEPHONEKEYS.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\VJLumosII.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\CallFiltering.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\claunch.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\MemoryShow.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\IDTransferV.CAB
CPY1:\Extended_ROM\cLaunch.dat
CPY2:\Windows\cLaunch.dat
CPY1:\Extended_ROM\SoftKeyAppletEx.cpl
CPY2:\Windows\SoftKeyAppletEx.cpl
CPY1:\Extended_ROM\pim.Vol
CPY2:\pim.Vol
LOCKisabled
RST: Reset

Since I used Colonel cutom rom I did not have to put MMS cab and some others, BUT what I did take out, which was needed before for AKU2.X roms is this:

CAB: \Extended_ROM\HiddenDurationPage.sa.CAB = shows duration tab in device, in settings

CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_LockUp_Apac_212705.sa.CAB = installs five AKU2.x files: SDmemory.dll, rilphone.dll, qctusb.dll,QCT.dll, ohci.dll

CAB: \Extended_ROM\PT_Ril_Apac_206301.sa.CAB = AKU2.x file "rilphone.dll"

So the only problem in takiing out the Cabs, is not the duplicate dlls but the extra info like registry that was in some cabs, that could be usefull,
but then 3.X registry is different anyway...
What I assume we need to be shure is an Extrom file from the upcomming 6800....
Old 02-11-2007, 10:56 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
First thank wideawake for the great right up I know have my custom rom set the way I want it. I have also done something with my extended rom space, this may have been discussed before not sure. I moved my custom extended to my storage card and emptied my extended rom space and I am using this space to install my other apps that wont fit in the 10 megs used during the hard reset. I will have to move the custom extended back to the device before I hard reset but till I need a reset I have 10 megs in which to install other things.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:08 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
I know I'm a little late here but I just customized my own extended rom and it worked smooth as silk! I'll be messin' with this for awhile. One question though, if I wanted to add the unlock tools to the ext_rom I add the cab, then modify the config.txt for that cab, but how do I add the exe? Will that mess things up because of the window that pops up and says "success" after you run the exe? Thanks Mike, you're the man.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Well no problem guys, glad u guys find it easy to follow. dannzeman u can edit the config to run the .exe just like its done to ppst.exe. Just put it in there. and add EXEC:\Extended_ROM\unlock.exe add it at the bottom before it resets. (of course u have to rename the exe to unlock.exe ) I think it will work even tho that pops up If not worse case u have to hard reset and soft reset before it does its thing and remove the exe and text in the config and run autorun.exe. So give it a shot and let us know.
~Mike

Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 AM
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
I checked the Config.txt file and I don't see EXEC:\Extended_ROM\unlock.exe anywhere. At the bottom of the file there is:
EXEC:\Extended_ROM\AddContacts.exe
LOCKisabled
RST: Reset
I probably don't want to change AddContacts.exe do I? Could I just add EXEC:\Extended_ROM\APA_ext_rom_unlock.exe below AddContacts.exe? Ah what the heck, I'll just try it. I'll update as soon as I get to it.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
yea its not gonna be there :P I was talking about u adding it there along with the unlock exe.
~Mike
Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM
I love root

Oh, I see what you're saying. I misunderstood. I added the unlock in there and hard reset and it went through just fine until it got to the end when it ran APA_ext_rom_unlock.exe. I saw the window that says "Success" on it for just a brief second and then it disappeared and didn't do anything for about 30 seconds. I thought it wasn't going to automatically reset but then it did and I checked the directly and sure enough it unlocked & unhid it just like its supposed to! Thats cool.

I was thinking, I added the Palm Messaging App.cab to my custom extended rom and was wondering if it would be possible to write a batch program or some kind of exe to have it transfer the files to the Windows directory and then delete the files from the Palm Messaging App folder in Programs. Then put that exe in the custom ext rom so it does everything for me so I wouldn't have to touch it after the reset. Is something like that possible? If so, how do I do it or where would I go to learn how? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

playdeep is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to playdeep Send a message via MSN to playdeep Send a message via Yahoo to playdeep
Is there a way to do this without whiping the phone? As in a restore via spb backup after we hard reset? will a special restore done over the new ext rom work? i started doing all this work on this before i rememberd i have to hard reset to get this working. I wanted to install spb backup, skype and msvc 1.6 in the ext rom using colonels 3.3 custom rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache