PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jds580s is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm in the process of upgrading to Mike's AKU 2.2
I've just installed the latest Sprint radio and rom update, and am going through the Extended_ROM to remove the junk

The new sprint update seems to add some items that I don't see in the tutorials on this site and others, specifically these items:

Code:
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PPST_FILE_SPCS_1_19_003_with_PRL20224.sa.CAB
EXEC:\Windows\PPST.exe
CAB: \Extended_ROM\DirectShow.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PhoneSetting_HelpFile.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PowerICON.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\TimeSnyc.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\HiddenDurationPage.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\ResString.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_IOTA_v1_10_Apache_206300.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_ErrCodeForSPCS_Apache_206300.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PT_RemoveHTCBatteryICON_Apache_206300.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_HTC_CM_Guardian_Apache_206300.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_LockUp_Apac_212705.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PT_Ril_Apac_206301.sa.CAB
Does anyone have a recommended list of safe-to-delete items that also talks about these files?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
check the read first thread it has a link to how to remove junkware and u can use the list located there.
~Mike

Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

cliffordsound is a n00b
I seem to be getting an out of space error when putting files back into the Extended folder (CABS). Any idea why this might be? All of the CABS are read only and I have plenty of space on my device. Perhaps it's the new AKU?
Old 01-05-2007, 02:02 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
the ext rom is only 10mb so u will have to remove the ones not needed to add any to it.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

cliffordsound is a n00b
But it seems like the ones that I removed are all that I removed
Old 01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tilt 2
Carrier: att

gnafin is a n00b
rom's

will this work for the VX6700 verizon? if not were can we find ome...
Old 01-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Quick question, where can you change the name/version of the ExtROM? I noticed that when installing the "Advanced Custom" ROM it says PPCGeeks under ExtROM version. So, is this something that is easily changed?

Also, if you disable the lock that is turned on during the ExtROM installation, would you be able to install cabs that required user input?

EDIT: I was trying to get Voice Command to load so I tried disabling the lock, but this did not help.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

upshot is a n00b
Re: How To: Customize your extended rom!

Greetings,
I've been lurking here for a few weeks and just wanted to say thanks for all the effort and real work that you guys have put in. Just moderating the forums has got to be a part-time job, to say nothing of the amount of time that must go into finding all the great information posted here.

That being said...I just got done building my own custom extended ROM and it ROCKS! All the little widgets and stuff I like to have installed on my 6700, as well as the apacheHax update and some other things. Saves me a lot of time whenever I format my phone. I mean, less than 10 minutes and I'm synced, updated, and ready to go. Awesome!

I've got the day off work today and so I deceided to take a few minutes to go through and update, install, customize my phone using much of the information from multiple threads on this forum. But this one, the custom extended ROM is really great.

It worked flawlessly for me and I just want to say thanks.

upshot
Old 01-29-2007, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

playdeep is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to playdeep Send a message via MSN to playdeep Send a message via Yahoo to playdeep
It seems like the amount of junk and stuff varies from the sprint in the Verizon ext rom. I dont think there is much we(verizon users) would need to keep other than the MMS(config.txt and autorun.exe too of course). It would be great to have .NET and MS VC 1.6 there but since this runs like a card and not main mem is it safe to have ms vc there? Will MMS .net and msvc all fit? .Net is not installed on any of the 2.2 or later aku roms?

I also hear that while ms vc 1.6 upx'ed well in aku 2.2 and before it doesnt in 3.3. wanted to mention since it is good to see so many using it to make the roms less heavy and more efficient.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

imkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good work
I have found a way to overcome the 10MB limit. I just changed the path in the config file from "extended_rom" to "storage card" and placed my additional cabs there. If I could just get past the cabs that require user input, I would be in business.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache