PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 02:04 AM
Lurker

maxm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheureka View Post
I don't see any reason why you'd need a mouse - it has a full set of function and control keys. Here's a link to the manual - http://www.thinkoutside.com/support/...0Manual_US.pdf. Hope that helps. And the stowaway keyboard drivers that are included in the kitchens (at least for the Apache) work. - sheureka
Thanks - placed my order
Old 11-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Thanks for the heads-up, sheureka. For the price, it's definitely worth trying. The last StowAway keyboard I had was for my Jornada (not BT!) and the few times I needed it, I was really glad I had it.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Eracer

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Great find! Definitely picking up one of these.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw

jhonny11 is a n00b
Not only did I get it for $29.99 - but I got overnight shipping free Don't ask me why - I thought it was weird that it came up $0 for shipping regardless of what I picked, but it's already shipped out - LOL...

Tempted to get some more to sell on ebay - they are currently $70 and up there...
Old 11-25-2007, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

sheureka is just getting started
Talking

Looks like you'd have to stash them for a while! It seems a few other people got the same idea - and there are a lot of them on eBay right now! - sheureka
Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

sheureka is just getting started
Got my keyboard today - it's seems quite a bit smaller than my old one even though the keys are the same size. But it will sit on your lap without folding up - which my old one would not do. I had to have something solid to put it on. It paired very easily and starts right up again when I open it - I'm using the drivers in Helmi's WM6 kitchen. Overall I am very pleased. And I think I've figured out why these seemed to be closed out - they don't say iGo on them anyway - not even on the packaging. I suspect iGo is dumping all the Stowaway branded stuff to relogo it. Anyway, I'll be interested in hearing what those of you who have never used one before think of it. Enjoy! - sheureka
Old 12-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
I finally opened mine. I put it away for two weeks so I'd have an extra birthday present earlier this week.

The one they sent me is a lot smaller than the Stowaway I had for my Jornada years ago. It does not match the configuration shown in the user guide either. Smaller and fewer keys. The functions of the missing keys seem to have been replaced by the options offered by the Green function key. No discover button. Instead, I press control-blue function-green function keys simultaneously to get the green flashing discovery light. Also, sheureka, the one I got says iGO all over it. On the back, on the pda clip, on the front cover. It does not say Stowaway anywhere however.

Functionally, it's fabulous. Excellent response to typing. Lots of keyboard shortcuts to 6700 functions. Works as well or better than advertised. Much better than my Jornada Stowaway ever did. I like it a lot. It means I'll never have to lug my Dell XPS around anymore when I'm traveling or working away from my home office.

Only negative: Whoever designed those permanent stick-on "how to open" and "how to close" labels needs to be rolled up in their own tape and left there until someone figures out how to get them unstuck. I pulled the L key off immediately when I tried to remove the label. Fortunately it went right back on again when I pressed it in place. The residual glue on the keys required wet fingernailing to remove. The glue on the outside cover needed dry fingernailing -- and some splashes of it may be stuck on there forever.

But for $30, it's a real deal. Thanks again for finding it.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw

jhonny11 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
Only negative: Whoever designed those permanent stick-on "how to open" and "how to close" labels needs to be rolled up in their own tape and left there until someone figures out how to get them unstuck.
Absolutely!!!!!!! I got it off the keys without too much trouble, but had glue on the outside on the nice shiny case for a week - really pissed me off!

However, this thing is awesome. The drivers in the WM6 kitchen work beautifully. You don't need to do anything but connect once. It adds another keyboard (I usually have it set to nullkbd anyway). When you lock it open, it turns on and is quickly connected. It is taking a bit just to recognize where the keys are (each key has up to 4 selections - regular, shift, blue FN, green FN) so finding some of the symbols has been interesting. However, I'm typing emails on it almost as fast as a regular keyboard. I don't take it everywhere, but there were still a few places having a laptop was a little easier than my 6700. Now, that's not the case anymore

funny how the prices on ebay dropped from $70-80 to $30-40 so quickly....
Old 12-14-2007, 01:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

mattkeo is a n00b
I've been using mine for about 2 weeks now and I'm very impressed. I'm uing with treo 700wx. battery life is great, pairing was easy, functionality is logical... but that damn tape is friggin hard to get off... it took a lot of time, but made me excited while I waited to use it. I've already typed up 3 papers while sitting in class using it. also great cause I can pair my bt headphones at the same time. its great to sit in class and not even be distracted by the prof! well worth $30. and I think even the $100 that I wouldve paid if the reviews weren't so bad.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tivoboy is a n00b
These keyboards are really great, I have had one for more than seven years now, and have the stowaway and the five row stowaway since beta. ONLY downside, is that igo is going to be stopping support, so there will be NO WM6 support from the company. Bummer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache