PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice

saridnour is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache FTP, Site changes??

I have had my FTP dir erased last week and today it seems to have been deleted all together. I was able to re-create it and re-up each time, but that is making it rough on users looking for linked files on here. Have there been changes to the FTP by the admins/mods? I looked in site news, but there was nothing mentioning changes. Would like to keep the files up there for others but its getting to be a pain to have to re-up them every couple days....
Any more thought on locking the dir down for specific roms and files? Even if we had to filter the files through an admin it would still be better then them going MIA all the time.

-saridnour
Old 11-11-2007, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon (prepaid!!!)

archangel1982 is a n00b
what up man yea i just posted in your other thread about not being able to find your dir but now its there im assuming that you just now put it back up....damn sorry for your issues cant wait to try your rom...thanks for your work on helmi rom.....

1 Phillips Nino 500 Windows CE Mobile
( 10 years ago lol)
HP Ipaq
treo 600
treo 650
treo 700w
Current XV6700
Old 11-11-2007, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon (prepaid!!!)

archangel1982 is a n00b
o i had a question for you as well if you dont mind .... have you ever had issues with the BT stack in the roms i have been trying to use some BT software for msg sending and what not and from other roms all the software that i have tryed has said that i can not detect a BT stack....do you have any insight?????

PS Buddy Christ is rockin!!!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
I think it is just people being malicious.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Either malicious or just by mistake. Regardless, it happens way too often. Many have put in suggestions to regulate access to the ftp much like xda does. Unfortunately, this has not been done as of yet.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Yeah, dreamhost charges extra to setup FTP where people can't just delete stuff. I will do some searching for an anonymous FTP host.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 11-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Hopefully people will donate to PPCGeeks so we can get on a dedicated server... that's really what needs to happen. Not only will that enable all kinds of possibilities with the FTP site but we could also host our own subversion repository for rom/kitchen development and put the "Internal Server Errors" behind us for good.

I had my ftp directory deleted as well (not that I had much in there) and it is really annoying. I suspect it's malicious--to delete something from an FTP site requires a dedicated FTP client (I don't think you can do so from IE/Firefox) and to see so many files deleted so many times over just makes it seem less likely to be accidental IMHO.

Pathetic.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
start a thread about this.. people will support it. Just post how much you need. We have enough users to make it happen.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Hopefully people will donate to PPCGeeks so we can get on a dedicated server... that's really what needs to happen. Not only will that enable all kinds of possibilities with the FTP site but we could also host our own subversion repository for rom/kitchen development and put the "Internal Server Errors" behind us for good.

I had my ftp directory deleted as well (not that I had much in there) and it is really annoying. I suspect it's malicious--to delete something from an FTP site requires a dedicated FTP client (I don't think you can do so from IE/Firefox) and to see so many files deleted so many times over just makes it seem less likely to be accidental IMHO.

Pathetic.
If you access the ftp server from within windows explorer you can read and write just as you would any normal folder on your pc, unless of course certain files or folders are protected. I use ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ppcgeeks.com from within windows explorer everytime I access it. Maybe malicious, or maybe people or cutting and pasting or dragging the files off of it?? Regardless, this method leaves it pretty vulnerable, thus the reason for what is happening I would assume. Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 11-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
I thought it could be a quick fix to secure a branch on the ftp, say the Apache dir and still keep the sub dir structure. Then a mod/admin would have to move all files to the correct sub dir in this node. Only core files (kitchens roms, etc) would be placed here.
This also helps protect the board from bad files (illegal) hosting as well. Still keep an annonymous dir that peole can copy to for passing files or files passed to the mod for placemnt, etc and it should fit the ftp struct that is currently in place and protect what needs to be protected.... just a thought...

-saridnour

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache