PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

synaptyc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to synaptyc
Okay... here's the new plan of action.
I am extending my Sprint contract for another 2 years. ($150 credit to the account) and giving the 6700 to my wife. It will replace her POS Sayno mm5600. (we can use that one as our emergency backup phone) Her phone is an "addon" and the contract is up.
NEXT, I will do one of the $99 deals on eBay for the Sprint Touch (2 year contract adding a NEW line to my account)
After all is said & done, the only real drawbacks are: My wife will have my old number, and I will have a new number. My wifes old number will just be dropped. (note to self: tell girlfriend and hoes that I pimp not to call my old number. That would be embarrassing!)
I don't think I can play switch-er-ooo with our original phone numbers because I would have to at least keep the new number as part of the eBay deal.
Well see what happens.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Once you get the ebay phone you could do an ESN swap (usually they want you to wait 30 days) and move your number to the touch and your wife would have the new number.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

synaptyc is a n00b
I thought about that... I believe I would have a charge on each line for the swap.
... I wonder how much that would run me? Would It be worth confusing "my callers" a second time to advise them I have my original number again. Not to mention all the bathroom walls that will have my updated, then Updated updated number. Might be more trouble than it's worth.
UNLESS !!! A Sprint rep that is part of this community gives me a hand in putting all this together! That would rock =)
Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
well if you're very keen on keeping the same number you can always sign up for grandcentral (http://grandcentral.com/) and get a "universal" number that rings any or all your numbers. You can't make that your sprint number, but you can give it to people temporarily until the month is up.

Btw, I did that ebay thing for my 6700 and two other phones which i got for free and I got a month of service for free too (ask about that). But,, you can't do sero on those lines, you can't apply any employee discounts, you can't change your plan until a month is up and I also remember that I could not do an ESN swap or even a transfer of liability for 6 months so make sure to double check all those conditions so you get all the credits properly applied to your account. The ebay seller i got it from is no longer registered, so I don't know if they all follow the same rules. Also make sure that there's some kind of number or person you can reach by phone before completing a transaction.

Last edited by saqer; 11-15-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

synaptyc is a n00b
Well... I did one of the $99 deals on eBay. HERE or HERE.
Sweet deal. I got the Touch for $99, and I got the first month of service free.
I will keep the new #, and give my number to tha Misses.
I am moving my old line to a SERO account... and this new one will follow 6 months later.
Good enough deal for me!
PLUS... I got the Touch today! (next day shipping free)
This thing is SEXY!
... must play for a while now... LATER!
~Sy(\)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache