PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro II/ Sprint 6800/ Sprint 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Silent Assasin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hopefully not dumb questions

I upgraded to Helmi's WM6 and few questions came up. Will software and hacks for the Mogul be compatible with this upgrade? I was looking into the Sprint TV option til that was shutdown until the launch of the new version for upcoming phone. Which leads me to my next question. I tried Orb, but it doesn't stream because I have HDTV tuner card. An alternative is Slingbox. Does anyone know what version of Slingbox would work. I;ve seen one version for $100 and a version for $200. I just want to stream from my desktop. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Assasin View Post
I upgraded to Helmi's WM6 and few questions came up. Will software and hacks for the Mogul be compatible with this upgrade? I was looking into the Sprint TV option til that was shutdown until the launch of the new version for upcoming phone. Which leads me to my next question. I tried Orb, but it doesn't stream because I have HDTV tuner card. An alternative is Slingbox. Does anyone know what version of Slingbox would work. I;ve seen one version for $100 and a version for $200. I just want to stream from my desktop. Any input would be appreciated.
I can answer some of your questions. Yes most will be compatible (at least in my case they have been). I've been running helmi since day 1 and now have Robmayer's clean version 4 of Helmi's ROM running with little to now problems. Occaisional landscape slide lock up but that's been there since the beginning.

I have most of the mogul mods on my device and they seem to work. There is a thread about bugs with helmi's ROM, you may want to search that for specifics. Sorry I can't help with the slingshot question - although I have a friend that was using it wirelessly - just not on his device.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
There are very few programs that are device specific, so anything that runs on one WM6 device will almost certainly run on another. Registry hacks are another story, so hacks from one device may or may not work on another.

I use Orb for getting stuff (movies, music, files, etc.) off my desktop at home, and Slingbox to watch my satellite TV on the go. I have the old Slingbox classic. Any slingbox will do, the difference is really just number/types of inputs. I think the top of the line one will stream HD, but unless you have fiber at your house you probably don't have the upload speed to stream HD outside your home network anyway.

Last edited by bedoig; 11-02-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the input. I hope to do the same and use orb to access video and music from computer and stream with slingbox. I read that microsoft has a new download, I believe its free, that allegedly does the same as orb. Problem is that it requires media center installed and my computer does not have it. On a side note does anyone know how to alter the sprint splash logo. I saw a member had a picture of an attractive looking lady for his splash but cant find the forum.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Assasin View Post
Thanks for the input. I hope to do the same and use orb to access video and music from computer and stream with slingbox. I read that microsoft has a new download, I believe its free, that allegedly does the same as orb. Problem is that it requires media center installed and my computer does not have it. On a side note does anyone know how to alter the sprint splash logo. I saw a member had a picture of an attractive looking lady for his splash but cant find the forum.

do you mean at boot? replace welcomehead.96.* using total commander. That should do it.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So all I do is just go into the registry using total commander and replace welcomehead .96. where in the registry is this located? What format of an image does it have to be in and what scale 80X80? By the way, your pic would not be a bad option.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache